Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2011 9:43:29 AM EDT
Anyone going this weekend?  I might go on sunday, not expecting much but just for something to do.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably gonna try to go Saturday. Kinda  interested in seeing if I can find a reasonably priced upper.
Doubt it. but you never can tell.
MIKE
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to go because it's been a while.  I don't know if it will happen though.

This is the first one I remember hearing advertised on the radio.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there Saturday at some point since the hiking trip got canceled due to all the rain.  I'll be wearing a LaRue Range Day tshirt; if you see me say hello.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I might go, but after all this bad weather, I have a bunch of driveway work to do.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I should be there Sat. Green ar15.com tn hometown hat on.
And I will be sporting the uggly mug.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't know about it.

My brother wants to head to the cigar store and then have his clubs fitted.  

I bought him a 10/22 for his birthday....might be a good opportunity to pick up a small scope for it.

ETA: I'll be the ugly fella looking at $20 used GImags and $2k M1 rifles.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody know if the fairgrounds is open or not? Heard a few people say it was closed because of flooding.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody know if the fairgrounds is open or not? Heard a few people say it was closed because of flooding.

Don't know.  We were planning on going today...

ETA:  I called and the recording didn't say anything about being cancelled.  I guess we'll see when we get there.  I can always go by Harbor Freight and use my super coupons.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we're headed there now. I'll post up if they are.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we're headed there now. I'll post up if they are.

Thanks.  Like I said in the edit, the recording didn't mention a cancellation.  An update would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#11]
It is open. There is some water in the parking lot but that is it. Not too many people here right now either.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll probably be going Sunday if I get some good reports on it here today.

––IS
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I went today, and it seemed better than some others I've been to, either in Memphis or Germantown.  Wasn't really looking for a firearm, so didn't pay close attention to prices.  Bought a couple scope mounts, sling swivels, etc.  If nothing else, something to do on a Saturday afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Went Saturday.  Found what I was looking for.  Got a new lightweight 16 inch upper from Coffin Arms.
Free floated Wilson air gauged bbl.
Saw some decent AR prices.  few in the $700 to $800 range.
Saw a couple of AKs slightly under $500 again.
One table at least was doing a NO TAX weekend deal on all ammo.
One guy I talked to was asking $55 an oz for silver. But I checked the spot price and at close Friday silver was trading at $48 an oz, so he wasn't making a whole lot of profit.
MIKE
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Went Saturday with a group of buddies and my younger brother.

Not very crowded, in fact vendors were talking about how slow it was.

For those on the fence about going, there are some excellent deals to be had if you dig.

Vendor 1(to the right of main entrance, table facing back of building):
I saw DoubleStar Lower Parts Kits for $50.  Insane price and I bought one even though I don't have stripped lower to put it in.  
M4 collapsable stock kits with buffer tube for $50.  Again, pretty awesome price.

Vendor 2 (his table faced the vendor mentioned above):
Ammo cans in almost new condition.  All varieties from $6 to $13 each depending on size.  I picked up an 800rd count 5.56 can that looked brand new.

Vendor 3 (table to left of main entrance, to the rear of the building, table faces entrance.  Nice guy with blondish "high and tight" hair and wife from wisconsin)
Center Industries mags in plastic wrap with NSN/Cage code on wrapper.  Buy two for $25 (one for $13).  I bought two.
Body armor for $500.
Quite a bit of surplus gear at good prices.

I also traded for a HK P7M8 from Vendor 3.  It came with scraping tool, bore brush, all manuals, 2 mags, box, and the pistol in excellent shape.  I ended up trading two knives I had brought and kicking in $200.  We both walked away feeling satisfied.  I cut him a slight deal since he was assuming more risk by picking up two items he had to sell to recoup the money, but he'll have no problems selling either knife on bladeforums.com.

Yep, there was a jerky guy in back.  The silver sellers wanted your first born (try $50 Morgan dollars, or $345/roll of quarters....I just walked away shaking my head).  Larger vendors were ok with their firearms prices, but I saw a couple hang tags that made me look twice.

One of the better shows we've had IMO.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Show was good from my point of view. I too bought some ammo cans. Yes Coffin arms had some insane prices on ar uppers and parts. I just wish they had something in 6.8 spc. all they had was 223. Worth the trip from Dyersburg.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Show was good from my point of view. I too bought some ammo cans. Yes Coffin arms had some insane prices on ar uppers and parts. I just wish they had something in 6.8 spc. all they had was 223. Worth the trip from Dyersburg.

Damn near made me want to build another one.  Good prices and no tax.

I didn't see any great deals on ammo.  And fwiw, I HATE when they put ammo in the clear plastic bags.  Leave it in the box dammit!  At least I know they aren't cousin Bubba's reloads.

Anybody see the white haired fella with the case of collectable 1911s?  He had an unissued military Colt manufactured in 1917 that was pristine.  Had a $7,000 price tag on it too, but I'd guess it was worth the coin.

I was hoping to buy a nice 1911, but the prices were kinda nuts on those I saw.  Was looking for a small letter Series 70 Colt to be base gun for a custom build, but the cheapest I found was a well-used model for $1,650  

Oh well, I am happy with the P7M8
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see any great deals on ammo.  And fwiw, I HATE when they put ammo in the clear plastic bags.  Leave it in the box dammit!  At least I know they aren't cousin Bubba's reloads.

Anybody see the white haired fella with the case of collectable 1911s?  He had an unissued military Colt manufactured in 1917 that was pristine.  Had a $7,000 price tag on it too, but I'd guess it was worth the coin.

I was hoping to buy a nice 1911, but the prices were kinda nuts on those I saw.  Was looking for a small letter Series 70 Colt to be base gun for a custom build, but the cheapest I found was a well-used model for $1,650  

I talked to that guy for probably 20 minutes or so about his collection.  It took him four years to find that 1911.  He said he didn't even know the show was happening, that he just happened to be in town.  That was just what he had with him gun wise.  Some beautiful pieces, but honestly I didn't even ask what he wanted for them because I knew I wasn't a buyer.  Not every day you get to see a 90+ year old unfired 1911.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:49:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went Saturday with a group of buddies and my younger brother.

Not very crowded, in fact vendors were talking about how slow it was.

For those on the fence about going, there are some excellent deals to be had if you dig.

Vendor 1(to the right of main entrance, table facing back of building):
I saw DoubleStar Lower Parts Kits for $50.  Insane price and I bought one even though I don't have stripped lower to put it in.  
M4 collapsable stock kits with buffer tube for $50.  Again, pretty awesome price.

Vendor 2 (his table faced the vendor mentioned above):
Ammo cans in almost new condition.  All varieties from $6 to $13 each depending on size.  I picked up an 800rd count 5.56 can that looked brand new.

Vendor 3 (table to left of main entrance, to the rear of the building, table faces entrance.  Nice guy with blondish "high and tight" hair and wife from wisconsin)
Center Industries mags in plastic wrap with NSN/Cage code on wrapper.  Buy two for $25 (one for $13).  I bought two.
Body armor for $500.
Quite a bit of surplus gear at good prices.

I also traded for a HK P7M8 from Vendor 3.  It came with scraping tool, bore brush, all manuals, 2 mags, box, and the pistol in excellent shape.  I ended up trading two knives I had brought and kicking in $200.  We both walked away feeling satisfied.  I cut him a slight deal since he was assuming more risk by picking up two items he had to sell to recoup the money, but he'll have no problems selling either knife on bladeforums.com.

Yep, there was a jerky guy in back.  The silver sellers wanted your first born (try $50 Morgan dollars, or $345/roll of quarters....I just walked away shaking my head).  Larger vendors were ok with their firearms prices, but I saw a couple hang tags that made me look twice.

One of the better shows we've had IMO.

Out of curiosity, what knives?

Surefire Delta folder and a Busse Battle mistress.

I've noticed that Busse's aren't moving here.  Just not many buyers in that price range.  My account has lapsed on Bladeforums, I didn't use the knife.

If he plays his cards right, he'll come way  out on top in the trade.  Nice guy.  I wanted that P7M8
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:52:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to that guy for probably 20 minutes or so about his collection.  It took him four years to find that 1911.  He said he didn't even know the show was happening, that he just happened to be in town.  That was just what he had with him gun wise.  Some beautiful pieces, but honestly I didn't even ask what he wanted for them because I knew I wasn't a buyer.  Not every day you get to see a 90+ year old unfired 1911.

I told him the same exact thing. "I'm not a buyer, but just out of curiosity..."  I did compliment him on his collection and especially the 1917 production Colt.  Looked so nice I asked him if it was a repro.  Nice guy, I talked to him too long as well (you never want to be "that guy" who wouldn't shut up).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top