Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 5:54:47 PM EDT
family and home. Violation of 2nd and 4th. But hey, we are constantly assured by our cop buddies they would never do this. Nola proves them wrong. Chief says go get, they go get while handcuffing innocent citizens. Constitution means nada to them.  Not one JBT has refused or resigned even though the order is clearly illegal.

Won't shoot or stop looters but will handcuff and violate the constitutional rights of innocent citizens. Guess it's easier to go after law abiding citizens than criminals. Hey, criminals might shoot back while the sheeple give in. They have no credibility any more.

I've written the NRA demanding they do something or they will have one less member. Suggest all do the same. Time to take a stand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Won't shoot or stop looters but will handcuff and violate the constitutional rights of innocent citizens.

Absolutely amazing.  And sad.  And yes, I am going to contact them about this.  Thank you for pointing this out, and winning my "What the FUC*" award for the year.

Jeesh.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Wondering if any LA AR15.com members have had their guns confiscated or recieved their $2,000.00 debit cards yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope not yet, and I"m not giving them a chance to get my toys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Give them the drop gun and hide the good stuff until they leave and mark you off the list.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
what's a drop gun?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what's a drop gun?

I'm guessing he means a junk gun that can be given up to satisfy them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#7]
We need to Frikin' SWAMP them with e-mails and phone calls - even if you don't live there.

This is an outgrage (and I'm not surprised the "JBTs" all report to scumbag politicians) and an excuse like this to persecute citizens.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Gun Confiscation Begins in New Orleans: "Only Police Officers Are Allowed Weapons"

Posted 9/8/2005 from NY Times   printer friendly version

"Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered weapons, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns, or other firearms of any kind, said P. Edwin Compass, the superintendent of police. 'Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons,' he said.
But that order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private guards but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapons.

Nearly two weeks after the floods began, New Orleans has turned into an armed camp, patrolled by thousands of local, state, and federal law enforcement officers, as well as National Guard troops and active-duty soldiers. While armed looters roamed unchecked last week, the city is now calm. No arrests were made on Wednesday night or this morning, and police received only 10 calls for service, a police spokesman said."

You can read the complete story at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?hp&ex=1126238400&en=efe0a58b7fc8e12c&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The guards, who are civilians working for private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private guards but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapons.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#10]
A drop gun is a gun you drop at the scene of a shooting or plant as evidence. AKA saturday night special, etc. You shoot someone who is not armed and then plant a drop gun.

This is bullshit. If one of us decided to ride it out in NO, you would end up having to give up your arms or duke it out with them over something completely illegal that THEY are doing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Un-friggin believable!

Only ONE WAY police can legally get you outa your place--a warrant signed by a judge.

How the hell can LEO or anyone come on your property WITHOUT A WARRANT and tell you to leave your own property--much less swipe your guns?

ACLU and National (Communist) Lawyers Guild--where are you???
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]
NRA finally seems to taking a harder line.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
ok roger on the DROP Gun question...

hell I thought it's one of those gun you abused by dropping them, either intentionally or accidentally, so many damn time on the ground or concrete (like when doing tactical surrender drill, like the French army)...til the gun is better off used as a CQC--close quarter clubbing--weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top