Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:57:53 PM EDT
Anyone know what J952 signifies? Did a quick google search and found a few articles on fallen LEOs.

I've seen a few of these stickers. Its a state of Oklahoma sticker with J952 in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:10:40 PM EDT
I have seen them to enid is troop J
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:13:55 AM EDT
OHP just had a dispatcher die earlier this year. While I did not know him he apparently was much beloved. He was a beat the heat racer and they had simular decals in memory of him on their cars.
I dont know if this is the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:25:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JustinOK34:
Anyone know what J952 signifies? Did a quick google search and found a few articles on fallen LEOs.

I've seen a few of these stickers. Its a state of Oklahoma sticker with J952 in the middle.

J952 belonged to Trooper Chris Van Krevelen. He was killed in the line of duty a few years ago. MVA I think. Ah...here ya go:

Trooper Chris Van Krevelen of the Oklahoma State Patrol, was killed in an automobile accident at 1600 hours on Thanksgiving afternoon while responding to a report of a train-car collision in Enid, Oklahoma.
Trooper Van Krevelen's patrol car went out of control on the U.S. 81 overpass, overturned and struck a light pole. The patrol car burst into flames and burned so hot that rounds of Trooper Van Krevelen's sidearm began to discharge.

Trooper Van Krevelen, who was assigned to Troop J, had been with the agency for three and a half years and had previously served as an Enid police officer. He is survived by his wife.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 8:36:35 PM EDT by okguy91]
[edited] I removed the post the truth It to much for most to handle I fear I WILL BE BANNED
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:23:01 AM EDT
I live in Enid, I know what you were going to say.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:43:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 11:48:00 PM EDT by okguy91]

Originally Posted By motocam25:

If it was what happen when he was with Enid PD then we are on the same page.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:34:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By okguy91:
[edited] I removed the post the truth It to much for most to handle I fear I WILL BE BANNED

Can you PM the "truth" to me? I'd like to hear it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:22:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By motocam25:

If it was what happen when he was with Enid PD then we are on the same page.

I heard a little about that, but he was driving recklessly fast on a wet overpass. He has a bridge/highway named for him now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:50:23 AM EDT
Yes he was driving over a 100 mph over a wet over pass made for 55 mph and he was from Enid he should have know better. When he work for Enid PD he killed a man alone in his own house. The man was choping the inside of his house with a hachet. Chris and his partner didn't want the man to hurt himself with the hachet so they shot him dead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:12:56 AM EDT
I never agreed with the bridge/highway dedication. Yes it sucks he died, but that highway could have easily been named for someone over in the sandbox.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:33:43 AM EDT

Yes he was driving over a 100 mph over a wet over pass made for 55 mph and he was from Enid he should have know better. When he work for Enid PD he killed a man alone in his own house. The man was choping the inside of his house with a hachet. Chris and his partner didn't want the man to hurt himself with the hachet so they shot him dead.

In this troopers case, what goes around, comes around. HOWEVER.....

It is tragic anytime an officer dies in the line of duty. It's tragic when a soldier dies in the line of duty as well. It's also tragic when a trashman gets killed by a reckless driver that was passing a trashtruck at a high rate of speed. We don't seem to place as much importance on the trashman who gets killed doing his job as we do the brown shirt driving the patrol car. Strange.

Anyway, that being said. In my experience with the OHP, they drive way too fast. A LOT faster than they should. Who's going to stop them though. They are fed a line of crap in the academy and they get out there and think they are invincible. The OHP wants them to think that because they are out in rural places alone with no backup a lot of times. However, there are drawbacks. This is one of them. The brown shirts don't have a real good track record of listening to reason either.

But, before anyone thinks I'm just badmouthing the OHP, I'm not. The Sapulpa police officer who was killed last month and who also killed his dad wsa traveling well over 100 mph to a 1 hour old burglary call. This is a common problem with a lot of law enforcement officers.

Just think, THEY are going to give ME a speeding ticket? I think not.
Top Top