Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2009 6:41:18 PM EDT
Time for everyone to start saving their pennies and putting in for a weekend off.

Defensive Edge is putting on a class again. This one is a must have IMHO for anyone that uses a shotgun.

Home defense and tactical shotgun course.

I have taken this class before (tho I am sure some stuff has changed) and can tell you that it is worth every penny and a whole bunch of pennies on top of it. I am already saving up and have the weekend cleared with "she who must be obeyed"  It was a real eye opener as to what you can do (and more importantly what not to do) with a shotty. Heck it even improved my bird hunting (altho how that worked out I am still not sure).

Outline and Course Objectives

This 2-day course is based on what to do if having to protect yourself and your loved ones while at home when faced with a prowler, stranger at your door, intruder, and home invasions. Students will learn skills and tactics based on using the shotgun and handgun in these types of situations. There will be a ballistics lecture and demonstration on what handguns & shotguns will do and not do so students can make an educated decision on what is optimum for their situation. Day-2 will have some force on force scenario based training where students will be put into situations and employ their knowledge & skills of what they have just learned.

Highlights:

* Fundamental Operator Skills of Handguns & Shotguns
   * Weapon Selection
   * Legal Issues
   * Home Preparation, Alarms, Deterants, etc
   * Ballistics Lecture & Demonstration
   * Family Issues & Dealing with Kids
   * Safe Rooms & Hunkering Down
   * Escape & Retreat
   * Basic Building Searching
   * Issues of Home Invasion, Burglary, Prowlers, Dealing with Strangers, etc
   * Law Enforcement Response
   * Force on Force Scenario Based Training

Training Application and Credentials for new students:

CCW permit/license, letter of no criminal history from your CLEO, etc. must accompany your application.

Student Materials (Minimum Suggestion)

Cost

$350.00 (range fee included)

August 1 & 2, 2009 - Racine County Line Rifle Club
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Up from page 2 since no-one appears to be interested.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'll be there!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I will be posting both Greg's classes and link them to his web site on www.rclrc.net
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump to keep this off of page two.

I'll be there as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top