Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:35:21 PM EDT
....and a tube. Tim schooled me on the milling as I watched his expert cuts.

Then I demilled all parts, sanitized and hand fitted them for form and function.

Some fine welds by Tim to hold it to the trigger housing.

Then some final cuts for the J slots.

Then dry fitting and testing by me for chambering, extraction and ejection. Some minor adjustments and a bit of extractor filing followed. Dummy rounds chambered and flew onto the table with no problem.

Then the last cuts for matching up the front sight.

After papering with the ATF, it was time to take her for a trial run with 200 rounds this evening. The blue sight is a piece of tape as we did not have the final bevel filed for the front sight. Tapping of the sight came after we were certain it tested well. Not a glitch. She runs smooth and at about 550 rpm. A wonderful gentle shooter.

VIDEO of Test Fire

Now complete, time to put the company data and give her a nice hot blue. This 1942 Fazakerly built STEN Mk II is alive again.

I'll post an update when I get it blued. This sub gun was built by Tim Davis and me at Two Rivers Arms. Enjoy and maybe we can all shoot it some time. Steve

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
forget the blueing, just have it chromed

that thing is sweet!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:25:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. I would just paint it black like most STEn's were.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
sweet
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]

very nice work Sir....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I am envious.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am envious.

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is a 1942 gun. Only hot blue will do for me. The later stuff was indeed painted but since we brought it back to life, might as well give it a beautiful finish. Steve
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a 1942 gun. Only hot blue will do for me. The later stuff was indeed painted but since we brought it back to life, might as well give it a beautiful finish. Steve

Makes sense. Please post more pics when she is done.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's in the raw? I thought you'd had it nickle plated.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Great post and a +1 for sure just for breathing some life into another fine piece of history.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Looking good there.  So much difference than when I first saw the box of parts.  You could always jungle green it like the lower was
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top