Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 4:09:11 PM EDT
I work at  Culver's and I was thinking of sending this to my boss, along with a ransom note as a joke.  Think I should or just skip it?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
In this day and age it may construed as a threat on someones life. Especially if your boss is uptight, or it falls into the wrong hands.

You may want to skip it. But then again I do not know what your boss' sense of humor is like.

I find it rather amusing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Not poor taste to me.  I think it's funny.  But I'm with Flamethrower on this one.  In this PC age, you are asking for trouble sending that to your boss.  Even if your boss has no problem with it, odds are that someone else will end up seeing it and will make an issue out of it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for "Don't send it."

It is damned funny though. If it was an obviously a fake gun, I'd say send it, or even hand deliver it to ensure that he knows you're making a funny.

You did the right thing by querrying us geezers.  Best to err on the side of caution where work is concerned.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you know your boss well enough to know if he/she will think this is funny??? I pulled a similar stunt once, it didn't go as planned...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My boss is a good guy, pretty laid back when it comes to jokes and frequently pulls some himself (He stuck that Scoopie on my windshield) I guess I'd worry about some of the other employees whining about it, but what could they do?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
well...if Scoopie got stuck to your windshield, then it's entirely possible that he has been taken and held for ransom.  I would say unless you feel 100% good about it, skip it.  You seem to know your boss though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I personally wouldn't chance it.  Like has been mentioned, one of the other employees may see this "joke" and take offense to it.  Jeezus knows that we should NEVER do ANYTHING to offend anyone, ever.  We do afterall live in a country full of whining bitches.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess I personally wouldn't chance it.  Like has been mentioned, one of the other employees may see this "joke" and take offense to it.  Jeezus knows that we should NEVER do ANYTHING to offend anyone, ever.  We do afterall live in a country full of whining bitches.

I am about one of the least PC people out there. Unless of course it might land me in the pokey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top