Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2009 9:05:59 PM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

I'm in Wesley Chapel this week for work, and the 12v adapter and dashboard suction cup mount for my Garmin GPSMap 60CSx were stolen out of my rental car last night

It's my own damn fault, I forgot to lock the damn door to the damn car (I never lock the car at home) and when I left the hotel this morning I realized they were missing. At least I had the GPS unit itself with me.

Anywho, can someone recommend a sporting goods type of place that carries Garmin accessories? Yes I tried to Google it, but I'm not having much luck figuring who carries handheld accessories and who doesn't. The four phone calls I've made so far have ended in frustration-I'm having a hard time conveying that I need parts for a handheld GPS unit rather than the dashboard mounted kind. Everybody and their uncle sells the dashboard mounted kind.

Heck, while I'm at it are there any gun stores in the Tampa/Wesley Chapel area that are worth visiting?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You have Dicks Sporting Goods, and Best Buys right there in Wesley Chapel...I-75 and Hwy 54. NW quadrant

Head about 5 or 6 miles further west on 54 to Hwy 41, turn south, and look on your left for Smokin Barrel Gun Shop...small local shop...not much, but can order stuff.

South on I-75 , stay left at the I-75 / I-275 split, about 15 miles to MLK (1st exit s/o I-4) head west to 301, turn left, and look on your left for Shoot Straight Gun Shop and Range. Big shop, decent range (if the A/C is working)

Fletcher and 22nd in NorthTampa is University Gun and Pawn, nice shop with good prices. NFA Dealer.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Captain!

I found part of what I needed at Dick's in Wesley Chapel, and I went to a Bass Pro Shop on I-Drive in Orlando for a mount. I'm currently working in an office just off Sand Lake Road in Orlando, so I was pretty close.

It was a real PITA trying to navigate holding the GPS in my hand, but at least I had plenty of batteries on-hand to use the unit without an adapter for a while.

Thanks again for your help. The last time I was down here I had a medical emergency, and the Florida hometown guys helped out. It can be a bit disconcerting to work in a place that is completely unfamiliar.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
If I had know you were going to be in Orlando...I would have mentioned Bass Pro. Glad it all worked out though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top