Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 9:11:46 AM EDT

I can't remember...

If so, I'll begin negotiations with the wife.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, at the convention center
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
yep the 24th and 25th i will be there sat. i would like to meet some of you if anyone is going.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going Sat as well.  Meeting up sounds good.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
name the time and table. i should be there after 1130 or so.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget to post with all the goodies you guys haul outta there.

Too far for me and gas too expensive.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#6]

I should be there Saturday morning.

I'll be pushing a stroller with a cute 2-yr-old boy in it.  I'll have a LaRue tactical hat on.  Please introduce yourself!

Also, those of us that are there at 10:30 could try to meet up by the concession area.

Mark

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
DrMArk are you referencing the consession area closest to the entrance?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DrMArk are you referencing the consession area closest to the entrance?

I've been to one show at the new Convention Center, and if I remember correctly, when you enter the gunshow hall, there's a consession area on the rear wall on the left side.

If I'm off, someone please set me straight.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
nope my bad, I'm still think think of the coliseum. Even though I have been to shows at the convention center well brain farts sux
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
never been to the convention center, guess i will figure it out. i should be there around 12 or so be wearing a worn out steelers hat with a pair of ray bans on the bill. kinda hard to miss.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Mrs M4arc worked until 4am this morning so I have kid duty until she wakes up.  After that I'll be sweet-talking her into letting me go
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Man, it's a pain pushing a stroller around a gun show!  Especially when the little guy doesn't want to be there.

I had to split before I was done looking (about 11:30), so I'll probably stop by the show again Sunday after church.

Dark Sun had a couple of older Colt AR-15s and Rock River lowers, but there really wasn't much unique in the way of ARs.  Trader Jerry's had a couple of Kimber Desert Warriors.  Smaller show than Richmond, but less people.

Maybe if I make it back Sunday I'll actually buy something.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Mrs M4arc worked until 4am this morning so I have kid duty until she wakes up.  After that I'll be sweet-talking her into letting me go

Sweet-talking my wife right after she wakes up seldom works for me.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet-talking my wife right after she wakes up seldom works for me.

Well it didn't work for me either

We ended up driving right by the Convention Center on our way to the Williamsburg Scottish Festival but that was pretty cool so I'm not complaining.

What time does the gun show run tomorrow?  My buddy Bruce and I will head up at some point and drop some money at The Ammunition Store.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Mrs M4arc worked until 4am this morning so I have kid duty until she wakes up. After that I'll be sweet-talking her into letting me go

You better clean the floor again before asking!--and do the dishes

Anybody see any FN bolt guns?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Had to be out near there anyway - stopped in and pissed away the $7.00 entry fee.

Prices seemed higher than the Richmond shows...nothing exciting...though I'm not sure what I expected...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Mrs M4arc worked until 4am this morning so I have kid duty until she wakes up. After that I'll be sweet-talking her into letting me go

I know, I'm a sissy.  I did everything she asked (told) and I still couldn't go.  She thinks that because she worked all night and had 12 patients she's entitled to a little sleep

Do you want to run up there with Bruce and I tomorrow morning?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yep, relying on my memory, one place had one of the hogue-stocked patrol rifles for $849 (?) and a McMillan A3 stocked 24" DBM model for $1399 I believe.  Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you want me to try to recall anything else about those.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I was looking at a dealer catalog last night and the new FNA3G is what I'm holding out for. I decided to go with the hinged floor plate-old school

I think I may luck out -since my sister and bil are in town-he may want to go--and guess who gets to play chapperone?

Mark
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I can confirm that someone had a 20" FN bolt gun. Don't remember which vendor, price was ~$1200-1400. IIRC it was back right corner as you walk into show.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like a FNA1a at that price. I'm going to go with a 24" A bit more weight on it, I may get over there and check it out.

Of course, I wish someone will buy my upper so it puts me closer to it!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#22]
i wasnt impressed. i did pick up a bag to put my range stuff in and a ar style stock and adapter for my 870. if you want ammo good luck, wasnt much selection i didnt think. all i wanted was 500rd of .45acp and couldnt find what i wanted. i ended up spending more at bass pro. think im gonna hold out till the next richmond show, i have heard good things about that show. i did get to play with my next hand gun sig p239 .357sig and my next rifle sa m1 socom. i really liked the socom. sorry i missed you all i didnt get there till after 1. maybe next time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
think im gonna hold out till the next richmond show, i have heard good things about that show.

I think there's a Richmond show in October at the Showplace.  Definately more ammo at the Richmond shows, plus the ARFcom crew often does lunch at The Mexico .

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#24]
yeah but richmond is a 3 hour + ride for me. its 2 hours to hampton. i was really let down i couldnt even find a 18 or 18.5 inch barrel for my 870 and only spotted 2 ar uppers one triangle had guards and one with a full lenght 4 rail that i didnt even ask how much i was thinking $700 + way out of my range. i am totaly stoked about getting a socom and i dont know why. guess im gonna have to put some cash away for a while before i can afford that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sounds like a FNA1a at that price. I'm going to go with a 24" A bit more weight on it, I may get over there and check it out.

I went back Sunday.  I have (on my desk at home) the contact info for the folks that had the 24" FNA1.  Just let me know if you want it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I gotta say that was one of the most disappointing shows that I have ever been to
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I found that FN dealer, got his info, thanks! Not a bad price on it.

I found that if you go there looking for a certain thing, you are disapointed. My brother in law found a mag for his rem 788 in .222--that was hard to find!

I really enjoyed the beef jerky collections though!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I found that if you go there looking for a certain thing, you are disapointed. My brother in law found a mag for his rem 788 in .222--that was hard to find!

I really enjoyed the beef jerky collections though!

Figures...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I gotta say that was one of the most disappointing shows that I have ever been to

Grant had a table at the previous Hampton show I went to, so this was definately a letdown.  What was most disappointing to me was the paltry amount of ammo at this show.

Oh well, there's a Richmond Showplace show 15-16 Oct - always more stuff.

Maybe we can do a Hampton Roads carpool thing for those interested.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I checked out the rifle there.  I'd like to get that or something very similar, but it's not at the top of the list.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Grant had a table at the previous Hampton show I went to, so this was definately a letdown.  What was most disappointing to me was the paltry amount of ammo at this show.

Oh well, there's a Richmond Showplace show 15-16 Oct - always more stuff.

Maybe we can do a Hampton Roads carpool thing for those interested.

Ammo was the only reason I went and boy was I disappointed

They only place selling ammo by the case was The Armory and I can get better prices at their store  Oh well...

ETA: I was just over at Bob's and he said there is a show in Norfolk October 22nd & 23rd.  According to someone else that was at the Hampton show this past weekend and the previous Norfolk show, "the last show I went to in Norfolk was much better than the quilt knitting and beef jerky and toy show I went to yesterday."

I didn't see anyone selling quilts yesterday but for some reason I believe the guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top