Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 11:24:15 AM EDT
Yeah, the Yellow Tide crew decidede to goto the show today.

Pretty much a waste of time and $$($7.50 for toll way, and $6 each for admission)

Highlights of the show...

A bunch of wooden parts for your restorations.

A bunch of pre-ban beater AR's for outrageouse prices.

A bunch of used and beatup pistols for the same price as new one's.

A bunch of sorry magazines thats guaranteed to not fail.

And the usual lineup of westernware, airsoft and Made in Taiwan knife peddlers.

Why do you guys goto the Gun shows(If you even go anymore)?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Mainly for bulk (heavy) reloading components and ammo by the case, to finger the latest and greatest must haves, check out other peoples wives, another excuse to stop at the Hooters in Addison on the way back, play head games with the dealers who overprice the same crap they've had for the last 20 some odd shows that never seems to sell...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How good are the prices for ammo at the shows? Haven't been to one yet but will check out the next one local to me.

A question about the AR's, with the sunset on the horizon so to speak, will the prices for AR's and other AW's drop a good deal or will it take some time for this to happen? I'm interested in picking up an M4, either as a kit to learn how to build one or as a whole. Only looking for a stock one, nothing tricked out on it but something I can build on from there if I want to upgrade things.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Just some AR prices highlight.

Phantom FH's -SOG sells has them for $39. (Online they are $25 AMEETEC)
Vortex FH's - SOG has them at $49. (Online they are $25 AMEETEC)
RRA collapsible stocks 6 posi - SOG has them for $119 (Online they are $49 at ADCO)

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just some AR prices highlight.

Phantom FH's -SOG sells has them for $39. (Online they are $25 AMEETEC)
Vortex FH's - SOG has them at $49. (Online they are $25 AMEETEC)
RRA collapsible stocks 6 posi - SOG has them for $119 (Online they are $49 at ADCO)

That is why I will never, ever buy anything from SOG.
Besides that, he is one cocky s.o.b.  He acts like it is a bother when I want to give him money so,
I decided to never give him money again.  Even if he is the only person in Texas to have a part I need.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How good are the prices for ammo at the shows? Haven't been to one yet but will check out the next one local to me.

For North Dallas, Plano, Allen McKinney area...

1) The Market Hall shows are the best. (http://www.dallasarms.com), Otherwise Big Town is hit or miss. (http://www.classicshows.com/)

2) Generally, shows have the best prices for anything, but not always. For example, Academy sells 9mm Blazer for $3.99/50. And when Bass Pro has a sale (two weeks ago), they sell Q3131A for $2.88/20.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For North Dallas, Plano, Allen McKinney area...

1) The Market Hall shows are the best. (http://www.dallasarms.com), Otherwise Big Town is hit or miss. (http://www.classicshows.com/)

2) Generally, shows have the best prices for anything, but not always. For example, Academy sells 9mm Blazer for $3.99/50. And when Bass Pro has a sale (two weeks ago), they sell Q3131A for $2.88/20.

Thanks, was wondering if anyone at the shows would beat Academy's prices for 9mm ammo. It'd be hard to beat I think, for target plinking that is a great price and nice clean ammo too. With it that cheap it's upped my time at the range. lol How often does Bass Pro have that sale for the 223 ammo?

Will check out those shows one of these times, probably not September one most likely the November one.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I was down at the show today also - (low profile) - same story.  The few things of interest were priced out of sight .  SOG people didn't even flinch when giving prices - I must look clueless.

I stop and got cash and except for the $6 to get in It all came home with me - I guess I'll just save it until after Sept. 13.

Northbilly - Maybe I am as dumb as I look
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#8]
English translation of SOG - "Your an asshole, I'll buy it from Some Other Guy."

I see some of you folks are as good of a judge of character as I am.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How often does Bass Pro have that sale for the 223 ammo?

Once a year, but not all stores do it at the same time. Dallas was last week, Houston is this week.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Aaaah, gunshows!  I like the bigger shows at Reliant and George R.Brown! Interesting way to waste a few hours and then stop at a bar for a fw beers.

SOG:  Well, I have mixed feelings about them.  They are overpriced.  Generally, about a 20% mark-up.  However, they are there at most of the shows.  They do have the quality inventory that is available for our inspection and if youhave to have it right then, rght there, you can pay the mark-up and get it.  I bought a YHM FF carbine length 4 rail handguard for about $15.00 - $20.00 more than I could have mail ordered it a few months ago.  I got it right there, right then and wanted it.  

The owner's prices are HIGH and they don't flinch when they tell them to you.  In fact, for the best part of two years I would just take his time and look at all his shitthen walk off because I knew his prices were too high!  I limited purhases to small parts where he was competitive due to the excessive shipping and Handling for one small part.  I still lke looking at SOG, but Igenerally don;t buy from them.

I have also heard that SOG wil not let non-LEO customers come to their shop in Stafford or Richmond b/c they were robbed a few months ago and they think a non-LEO customer did it.  That really anoys me and I havereconsidered whether I will be doingbusiness with them in the future.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#11]
SOG Sucks ASS, way too exspensive, sells knock off ACOG's for 350, great place to look.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Their "shop" in Stafford is a dump.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#13]
sog is a rip off they have no name brand stuff for double what good stuff would go for.

they will never see my money
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally I have also heard that SOG wil not let non-LEO customers come to their shop in Stafford or Richmond b/c they were robbed a few months ago and they think a non-LEO customer did it.

Duh. Most robberies are not committed by LEOs. SOG has gone downhill since the cool guy died.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I have noted that MANY criminals have worn the badge.

The problem is that I RESENT being told that I can't come pick up an order BECASUE I am not LEO and they wer robbed.

My nroal response is to tell them to go POUND SAND UP THEIR ASSES and spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#16]
BTW

If you guys been to the show lately, have yall seen SOG's new Trijicon ripoff?

No tritium or fiber optics(But does have a non-functional fiber tube on top) for $400!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top