Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:04:20 PM EDT
I dont know about you guys, but it feels like our time in Iraq will be comming to an end sooner rather than later.  Its just a hunch, but if so that really is a shame to walk out on a job half done.  

content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=113221&ran=130691&tref=po

Regardless of how you feel about the war, or pulling out prematurely Id say the libtards are gonna get what they want.    
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
COITUS INTERRUPTUS.

The Liberals will love it.  
They'll be able to switch-bitch about leaving too soon, instead of staying too long.
Never satisfied, are they?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
COITUS INTERRUPTUS.

They'll be able to switch-bitch about leaving too soon, instead of staying too long.

I think this war is comming home...
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
COITUS INTERRUPTUS.

I don't think you are right I know you are right !
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I still say we should have never went there in the first place... but goddamnit, if we are there, do it right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
I still say we should have never went there in the first place... but goddamnit, if we are there, do it right.

In a perfect world, yes, but teh shit was gonna hit the fan sooner or later over there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You do understand that means we must be more brutal than Saddam ever was do you not ?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do understand that means we must be more brutal than Saddam ever was do you not ?

It'll be the same way here. Too many people think they are invincible, unstoppable and have a right to force others to conform to their will.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll be the same way here. Too many people think they are invincible, unstoppable and have a right to force others to conform to their will.

With the Military Commissions Act of 2006 it is inevitable, as society decays and terrorism grows and civil wars break out we will soon being calling these the goood old days.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did we win WWII by being kind and gentle and trying to limit casualties?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was against it right up to the point where the troops crossed the LOD...  After that I can turn my back on our boys.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was against it right up to the point where the troops crossed the LOD...  After that I can turn my back on our boys.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not sure what part of my post you dont get so please dont think Im trying to insult your intellect.

LOD=line of departure

Im not against it for poltical reasons, I guess I figured something like this would happen.  It was a pretty lofty goal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
COITUS INTERRUPTUS.

I don't think you are right I know you are right !

Have you ever heard of John Titor???    Things are playing out pretty close to how he called it.
This question is mostly for you strat, but anyone else feel free to jump in.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not sure what part of my post you dont get so please dont think Im trying to insult your intellect.

LOD=line of departure

Im not against it for poltical reasons, I guess I figured something like this would happen.  It was a pretty lofty goal.

Guess I don't quite understand the "I can turn my back on our boys" part.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was against it right up to the point where the troops crossed the LOD...  After that I can't turn my back on our boys.

LOD=line of departure

Typo?

Ahhhh.... thats why Im a jarhead and not an airman  thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Have you ever heard of John Titor???    Things are playing out pretty close to how he called it.

Yes the theory has been discussed in depth but I prefer history and current ongoing intel and then comparing it to what the holy scriptures have to say about human nature and prophecy, knowledge increases with technology and transportion, the Dead Sea Scrolls are being studied by thousands of scholars for years now along with archeological facts to substantiate  the truth of the scrolls.

The great battles of the scrolls have already happened but the cycle continues and we are headed for a war on a larger scale than ever before in recorded history.

The KIA are not just stats to the families that lose a loved one, the massive numbers of wounded takes years before the reall effect makes it's impact on society, physical wounds heal but the mental wounds fester and get worse and those that suffered the injuries quit kidding themselves aabout what it was really all about, your personel experience may call BS on this but wait a few years, many of my family and associates from VN were well adjusted until they hit their 50's and 60's and now they are unraveling over what happened 30-40 years ago.

Late 2008 you won't recognise Amerika anymore.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes the theory has been discussed in depth but I prefer history and current ongoing intel and then comparing it to what the holy scriptures have to say about human nature and prophecy, knowledge increases with technology and transportion, the Dead Sea Scrolls are being studied by thousands of scholars for years now along with archeological facts to substantiate  the truth of the scrolls.

Theres alot of stuff in you post to reply to, but for me the john titor thing is creepy.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With the Military Commissions Act of 2006 it is inevitable, as society decays and terrorism grows and civil wars break out we will soon being calling these the goood old days.

Not to worry though, with your heavily armed militia you will be able to take control and make the citizens jump to your dance like you always wanted.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not to worry though, with your heavily armed militia you will be able to take control and make the citizens jump to your dance like you always wanted.....

Not getting enough attention at home today, are you?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you showing up and responding obviously shows that you wanted some attenetion. Had to come rescue your homey ehh?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you showing up and responding obviously shows that you wanted some attenetion. Had to come rescue your homey ehh?

Nope, just beginning to wonder why you seem unable to leave the subject alone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
And they're off...again...
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And they're off...again...

Well, at least someone is. Or desperately trying...
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Regardless of how you feel about the war, or pulling out prematurely Id say the libtards are gonna get what they want.    

A small force by comparason will never bring peace to Iraq and that region, huge overwhelming armies can occupy a nation for a while but never change the nation for the better in any lasting way, like trying to sink a cork in a pond by smacking it with a stick, the harder you smack it down into the water the faster and higher it pops back up out of the water.

Same in this country, the more tyrannical the government become the more resistance will develope and along the way the economy will continue to decline until hunger cold and nakedness and the want of all things drives the multitude to violence.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A small force by comparason will never bring peace to Iraq and that region, huge overwhelming armies can occupy a nation for a while but never change the nation for the better in any lasting way, like trying to sink a cork in a pond by smacking it with a stick, the harder you smack it down into the water the faster and higher it pops back up out of the water.

Same in this country, the more tyrannical the government become the more resistance will develope and along the way the economy will continue to decline until hunger cold and nakedness and the want of all things drives the multitude to violence.

God.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, just beginning to wonder why you seem unable to leave the subject alone.

And yet you keep responding.....So who cant leave it alone???
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok...

Since this WAS my post, I have to ask a few questions...

161...  I have been with you and against you on many issues and different debates.  I have nothing personal against you in any way.  But I am curious...  What is it that Strat says that gets your goat so badly?  The way I see it he has about 3 reoccurring themes in all of his posts.  

1 The .gov is corrupt(I have to agree)

2 They (.gov) are trying to take your guns(no one here can disagree)

3 American citizens have duty to stand up against crooked politicians.

He may come off as a little eccentric, but shit man!  All hes trying to do is motivate us to hold our .gov to a higher standard.

The original post was about how we will lose the war in Iraq.  It breaks my heart.  I think of all my buddys who arent here.  especially Ricky and having to carry his lifeless body off of a rooftop a few day after being told he just had a baby.  Im fucking pissed about it.  I still support the war in principal, but the mouthy liberals are pretty much guaranteeing that his death will be in vain.  There are people who hate this country holding office at this very time.  I want them to be held accountable.  That's why on this issue I have to see where Strat is coming from.

Standing by for the FBI at my door!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#29]
We will lose this war.  We (the American people in general) don't have the will to do what is needed to win.  First, as much as some like to say that the Pentagon is stuck on the last war, the civillians in charge are stuck back in WWII and grand battles, actual battles.  This modern insurgency was started in earnest in WWII, and we helped create it.  We'd need to have enough troops to seal the borders, then have an actual army of occupation.  No local government, not even some "puppet government," but an actual US Military run government with complete martial law.  Sort of like post WWII Germany adn Japan.  This would be needed to be kept up for a few years until the people could actually learn to live together in peace, and begin to accept the idea of a country that is theirs.  OR better yet split the country and keep them separate under US control until they learn to not invade each other.
I really don't think that you can win a guerilla type war unless you can kill enough of the enemy that they just don't have anyone left to fight.  Sort of like we almost did in Vietnam. Supposedly one of the NVA high positioned generals stated that if we'd have kept the pressure up for a few more weeks or months, they'd have had to surrender.
Irak is different in that they have pretty large, and open borders for others to come and help them out.
Stalin could have won this, but then he didn't care about the numbers of dead on either side. And I don't think that we are willing to be that cold hearted, nor should we ever become that evil.

I know that this isn't the most intelligent sounding post.  I was sort of thinking it out as I typed it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
We will lose this war.  We (the American people in general) don't have the will to do what is needed to win.  First, as much as some like to say that the Pentagon is stuck on the last war, the civillians in charge are stuck back in WWII and grand battles, actual battles.  This modern insurgency was started in earnest in WWII, and we helped create it.  We'd need to have enough troops to seal the borders, then have an actual army of occupation.  No local government, not even some "puppet government," but an actual US Military run government with complete martial law.  Sort of like post WWII Germany adn Japan.  This would be needed to be kept up for a few years until the people could actually learn to live together in peace, and begin to accept the idea of a country that is theirs.  OR better yet split the country and keep them separate under US control until they learn to not invade each other.
I really don't think that you can win a guerilla type war unless you can kill enough of the enemy that they just don't have anyone left to fight.  Sort of like we almost did in Vietnam. Supposedly one of the NVA high positioned generals stated that if we'd have kept the pressure up for a few more weeks or months, they'd have had to surrender.
Irak is different in that they have pretty large, and open borders for others to come and help them out.
Stalin could have won this, but then he didn't care about the numbers of dead on either side. And I don't think that we are willing to be that cold hearted, nor should we ever become that evil.

I know that this isn't the most intelligent sounding post.  I was sort of thinking it out as I typed it.

That is pretty much what I have thought. We can't win wars by being nice and trying to limit casualties. The enemy has to be beaten to a such a bloody pulp that they simply have no will left to fight. Of course by all accounts the Soviets were pretty brutal in Afghanistan during the 1980s and still failed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ok...

Since this WAS my post, I have to ask a few questions...

161...  I have been with you and against you on many issues and different debates.  I have nothing personal against you in any way.  But I am curious... What is it that Strat says that gets your goat so badly?  The way I see it he has about 3 reoccurring themes in all of his posts.  

1 The .gov is corrupt(I have to agree)

2 They (.gov) are trying to take your guns(no one here can disagree)

3 American citizens have duty to stand up against crooked politicians.

He may come off as a little eccentric, but shit man!  All hes trying to do is motivate us to hold our .gov to a higher standard.

The original post was about how we will lose the war in Iraq.  It breaks my heart.  I think of all my buddys who arent here.  especially Ricky and having to carry his lifeless body off of a rooftop a few day after being told he just had a baby.  Im fucking pissed about it.  I still support the war in principal, but the mouthy liberals are pretty much guaranteeing that his death will be in vain.  There are people who hate this country holding office at this very time.  I want them to be held accountable.  That's why on this issue I have to see where Strat is coming from.

Standing by for the FBI at my door!

Ohh the constant doom and gloom. The fact he's given up and now thinks killing people will make it all better(Bosnia, Uganda, Laos, Cambodia etc, etc) all show it wont. He will simply replace one form of oppression with another, put in place to his liking. It happens time and again, despite the intentions that are started with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ohh the constant doom and gloom. The fact he's given up and now thinks killing people will make it all better(Bosnia, Uganda, Laos, Cambodia etc, etc) all show it wont. He will simply replace one form of oppression with another, put in place to his liking. It happens time and again, despite the intentions that are started with.

Hmmm...

Strat do you want to kill anyone?  Im not talking about self defence, or in combat.  Im talking french revolution style killing here.  If you over threw the .gov would you kill them?  Here's your chance to set the record straight either way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

Strat do you want to kill anyone?  Im not talking about self defence, or in combat.  Im talking french revolution style killing here.  If you over threw the .gov would you kill them?  Here's your chance to set the record straight either way.

This would be good for him to answer.  He's implied that he'd like to shoot politicieans in the past, more than once.  A couple might have been in jest to poke sore spots, but he has implied it more than that.  Of course, he hasn't quite come out and said it plainly though.
So, Strat, sac up and make an actual stand on this one way or the other.  No biblical, Declaration of Independance, or founding father quotes.  Just you and your actual opinion and desire in your words.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is pretty much what I have thought. We can't win wars by being nice and trying to limit casualties. The enemy has to be beaten to a such a bloody pulp that they simply have no will left to fight. Of course by all accounts the Soviets were pretty brutal in Afghanistan during the 1980s and still failed.

There is a difference between being brutal, which just pisses everyone off and creates more that want to fight you, and just being tough.  And you can't forget all the US help and equipment that was given to them either.  Perhaps if it had been the WWII era Soviet army it might have turned out differently, but then there wouldn't have been that many Afganis left.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

This would be good for him to answer.  He's implied that he'd like to shoot politicieans in the past, more than once.  A couple might have been in jest to poke sore spots, but he has implied it more than that.  Of course, he hasn't quite come out and said it plainly though.
So, Strat, sac up and make an actual stand on this one way or the other.  No biblical, Declaration of Independance, or founding father quotes.  Just you and your actual opinion and desire in your words.

I know I have said "ill shoot xxx in the face" and really meant "fuck that guy"
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

[crickets]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, what I have heard Strat say is that he thinks the people should use force to compell the government to act in the people's interest. And if the government chooses to use it's own force to act in it's own interest, then people are going to get killed. And that leaders who act treasonous and corruptly should be fairly tried and if found guilty, punished to include the death penalty for the most serious offenses. Does that really sound unreasonable? Or is everyone else here pleased with the direction our country is going?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well, what I have heard Strat say is that he thinks the people should use force to compell the government to act in the people's interest. And if the government chooses to use it's own force to act in it's own interest, then people are going to get killed. And that leaders who act treasonous and corruptly should be fairly tried and if found guilty, punished to include the death penalty for the most serious offenses. Does that really sound unreasonable? Or is everyone else here pleased with the direction our country is going?

I dont believe that the question was asked of you.......
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont believe that the question was asked of you.......

I don't believe it was asked that Unicorn and yourself pile onto Skillet's querry, either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[crickets]

There are people outside of bARFCOMMIE 161, it's called caring for the widows the orphans the sick the old and those wrongfully inprisoned besides planning, logistics, training & drilling the militia, continued education, study groups and the ecclesia so i am not always immediately available to answer the accusations of my accusers.

To the question Do I want to kill ? the answer is a emphatic NO !

I believe in peace through justice, if those convicted through due proces of law are worthy of death and the law calls for it then yes I believe in the death penalty and should be carried out but only if it is the right thing to do, in Christine's case I would much rather see it sentenced to hard forced labor for the rest of it's life rather than a quick easy death.

Thats in an ideal world, in the real world things are not so easy and it is likely those guilty of high crimes will not willingly submit to due process of law but would fight and flee justice, criminals that murder innocent people to avoid judgement and the responsibility of their actions.

Proverbs 16-32: He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than the warrior that taketh a city.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Now that Strat has answered the question...

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is it that Strat says that gets your goat so badly?

Perhaps that was some sort of Freudian slip, but that would certainly appear to indicate the 161 is acknowledging that our current government, the one he serves and defends, is indeed, well, oppressive.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:05:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
in Christine's case I would much rather see it sentenced to hard forced labor for the rest of it's life rather than a quick easy death.

Me too...  Hard labor, like hookin for crack down on 2nd and pike
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Me too...  Hard labor, like hookin for crack down on 2nd and pike

Not to get off topic but Please tell me you wouldn't want to be in line to tap that keg???
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Some how I always miss the interesting arguments. There is indeed some anomosity between a few people on here and i think it should end. We all agree on a few things and that is already a step in the right direction. Certain mistakes have been made in our Iraqi war. We as a group of Americans need to stand for our selves at this point. not every other country. We ourselves have enought problem on the home front. we always seen to be the big brother trying to help out all of the little childres around us... yet we cannot even tie our own shoe laces and zip up our own jacket. Why are we tring to "feed" other countries if we cannot even turn on our own ovens...

Fix our own coming up and past problems first be for we will be required to celebrate the new birthdate for the "United States of AmeriKa.

Just my take, it is worth about as much as it cost you to read it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Now that Strat has answered the question...

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is it that Strat says that gets your goat so badly?

Perhaps that was some sort of Freudian slip, but that would certainly appear to indicate the 161 is acknowledging that our current government, the one he serves and defends, is indeed, well, oppressive.

And?? As the saying goes why should I replace one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 100 tyrants right here at home....
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
And?? As the saying goes why should I replace one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 100 tyrants right here at home....

DOI
 He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

Because it is easier to kick ass at home than travel to the other side of the world to do it. The founder knew this and wrote it into the consitution so we ould not have to ship around the world to hold the traitors to account.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DOI
 He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

Because it is easier to kick ass at home than travel to the other side of the world to do it. The founder knew this and wrote it into the consitution so we ould not have to ship around the world to hold the traitors to account.

And the founding fathers thought the same thing and look what happened....
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
And the founding fathers thought the same thing and look what happened....

The Executive and Legislative branches failed to establish Article Three Court and in the event of that the Bill of rights was to stand against misconstruction and abuse of powers and most notibly the second amendment is the final barrier against absolute tyranny and despotism.

The current system could not exist unless protected by a illegal standing army, it is only because of the armed services dishonoring their oath that we have the mess we do.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top