Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 11:19:21 PM EDT
Sorry if this topic has already been covered.
I want to go shooting monday. I don't want to shoot at a range, but I have heard several different things regarding the Sultan recreation area. I am hoping someone can tell me the real story.  I have heard to things. One person told me there is no more shooting there at all. Another person told me it is still okay as long as you drive past a certian mile marker.
Any ansewers you may have would be very helpfull,
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't give you the low-down. I'm sure R-32 or someone will though.

I can say that anywhere near a road and I bet you will be hassled. If there are places you can get away with shooting you will need a 4x4.

Just my guess.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Only at night.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you know of some secret spot/private property, Sultan is out of the question...

I have to pretty much head out around Index or Robe anymore, or shoot at Strats private range.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to shoot at a place in granit falls. Are there still places around GF that are ok for shooting? I haven't been up in that area for about 5 years, but willing to travel if I can shoot there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If you can figure out the boundaries from county code it appears you can shoot in Sultan Basin, just not along the road.

10.12.010     No shooting areas established.

(53)  Those portions of state-owned lands in Sections 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, Township 28 North, Range 8 East, W.M., situated in Snohomish county described as follows: Those lands 100 yards in width on either side of Sultan Basin road beginning at the south line of the southeast quarter of the southeast quarter of section 16 crossing the southeast quarter of the southeast quarter, the northeast quarter of the southeast quarter of section 16; the south half of the southeast quarter, the northeast quarter of the southeast quarter of section 9; the northwest quarter of the southwest quarter, the south half of the south half of section 10; the northeast quarter of the northwest quarter, the north half of the northeast quarter of section 15; the north half of the northwest quarter of section 14; the south half of the southwest quarter, the southwest quarter of the southeast quarter terminating at the concrete bridge crossing Olney Creek in the southwest quarter of the southeast quarter of section 11. Together with those state lands 100 yards in width on either side of Marsh Creek Road beginning at its junction with Sultan Basin Road in the northeast quarter of the southeast quarter of section 9 crossing the northeast quarter of the southeast quarter, the southeast quarter of the northeast quarter and terminating at its crossing of Marsh Creek in the southeast quarter of the northeast quarter of section 9. Together with those lands in the northwest quarter of section 9, township 28N, range 8E. W.M. and the southwest quarter of the northeast quarter of section 9, township 28N, range 8E. W.M. and the north half of the southwest quarter of section 9, township 28N, range 8E. W.M. and the southwest quarter of the southwest quarter of section 9, township 28N, range 8E. W.M. and the northwest quarter of the southeast quarter of section 9, township 28N, range 8E. W.M. Together with the south half of the south half of section 16, township 28N, range 8E. W.M.

(56)  Those portions of land in Sections 1, 11 and 12 Township 28 North, Range 8 East; Sections 5, 6 and 7 Township 28 North, Range 9 East; Sections 32 and 33 Township 29 North, Range 9 East W.M. situated in Snohomish County described as follows: Those lands 100 yards in width on the northwesterly side of Sultan Basin Road beginning at the concrete bridge crossing Olney Creek in the south half of said section 11 and traversing northeasterly through sections 1, 11 and 12; together with those lands 100 yards in width on the northwesterly side of Sultan Basin road traversing northeasterly through sections 5, 6 and 7 in Township 28 North, Range 9 East; together with those lands 100 yards in width on the northwesterly side of Sultan Basin road traversing northeasterly through sections 32 and 33 in Township 29 North, Range 9 East terminating at the intersection with an unnamed road approximately 1800 feet in distance southwesterly of the shoreline of Spada Lake in the northwest quarter of section 33 Township 29 North, Range 9 East.  Together with those lands in section 16 Township 28 North, Range 8 East, W.M. situated in Snohomish County described as follows:  the north half and the north half south half.  Together with those lands in section 9 Township 28 North, Range 8 East W.M. situated in Snohomish County described as follows:  the southeast quarter of the southwest quarter and the south half of the southeast quarter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
northeast, south east conrer of the north west forest at the south end of the north pole, what!?!? now my head is spinning.
Just wondering if there are any shooting areas there that are not posted no shooting. I guess I could just go shooting and if I get harrassed just ask the cops to explain the boundaries. I'm guessing they don't know what all that "nothwest south side east end of hell" shit is either.
Thanks for the info.
anyone else have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't count on an accurate explanation of actual boundaries, or correctly posted signs.

With a lot of engrish translation and a map of sections you can almost figure it out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
northeast, south east conrer of the north west forest at the south end of the north pole, what!?!? now my head is spinning.
Just wondering if there are any shooting areas there that are not posted no shooting. I guess I could just go shooting and if I get harrassed just ask the cops to explain the boundaries. I'm guessing they don't know what all that "nothwest south side east end of hell" shit is either.
Thanks for the info.

basicly what it says is that you can't shoot up there unless you go at least a 100 yards from the roadway. north of olney creek bridge is OK (so you are up in the SPADA LAKE area.

I deal with shooting and no shooting zones everyday, and no one really has anything more than the basics down. (there is just too much to try and remmember).

I have access to the county mapping at work, If I get bored today, I will take this and try to make some since out of it, and print up a boundry sheet.
I have Mondays off, Im not avail this monday, but if you want to meet up sometime, I can show you around east county. You will not get much of a ribbing from the deputy's out here, it will most likely be DNR employee's or the Game Agent.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
for Pierce County you can go on line(its a bitch to find on the web site) and get a map of the shooting/no shooting areas, maybe whatever County Sultan is in has the same thing.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

basicly what it says is that you can't shoot up there unless you go at least a 100 yards from the roadway. north of olney creek bridge is OK (so you are up in the SPADA LAKE area.

I deal with shooting and no shooting zones everyday, and no one really has anything more than the basics down. (there is just too much to try and remmember).

I have access to the county mapping at work, If I get bored today, I will take this and try to make some since out of it, and print up a boundry sheet.
I have Mondays off, Im not avail this monday, but if you want to meet up sometime, I can show you around east county. You will not get much of a ribbing from the deputy's out here, it will most likely be DNR employee's or the Game Agent.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Bam

www.co.snohomish.wa.us/documents/Departments/pds/long_range_planning/maps_resources/noshoot1117.pdf

Shooting is definitely a no-go anywhere the road is pavement, unless you're 100 yards out.  After the second bridge (after the road turns to dirt) shooting is OK.  Usual rules apply (backstop, etc).  I shoot up there quite often, and never had any trouble.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Good find, saved for reference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top