Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 3:43:56 PM EDT
Is it possible to just give things to people here or does it upset the mods? Say a guy had a 1980's Mercury 9.9hp outboard motor that had been gone thru several years ago and has sat since. The cylinders have been oiled occasionally but it was in excellent runninng condition when shut off. Fresh out of the shop –– a little fooling around to get it going and you have an excellent outboard. So how would someone go about giving this away to a needy arfcommer?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Feel free to give me a M1 Garand or a 1911 if you wish.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Just do a PIF or give it to who you want, nothing need be said.

I nominate Koter!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is a sneaky PIF for a Merc outboard I am totally in!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking like 10gunner wants it but if things change I will update.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking like 10gunner wants it but if things change I will update.

Seconds if he falls through. Would work perfect for my 12 foot aluminum boat

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is it possible to just give things to people here

Do a subject search for PIF here in the forum.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
in....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it possible to just give things to people here or does it upset the mods? Say a guy had a 1980's Mercury 9.9hp outboard motor that had been gone thru several years ago and has sat since. The cylinders have been oiled occasionally but it was in excellent runninng condition when shut off. Fresh out of the shop –– a little fooling around to get it going and you have an excellent outboard. So how would someone go about giving this away to a needy arfcommer?
!

Hummm... sounds like I could use that as a kicker motor for my ocean boat!

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:24:41 AM EDT
[#9]

NOOOOOO!!!

you'll have a tragic boating accident,

, and lose the beer    ,
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
10gunner claimed it yesterday and is picking it up today ––- might have a few other things later and will keep you all updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top