Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:00:18 PM EST
Is it legal to send Ar Upper to a town in Cook county?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:26:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 2:27:13 PM EST by codycoyote]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:07:43 PM EST
My FFL sells bushmaster and RRA. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:20:04 PM EST
my FLL in cook can order me a colt rifle. it's not a problem. the CC AWB only applies to unincorporated areas.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:59:14 AM EST
IANAL...but IIRC the upper is not even considered a firearm...only the lower is. No FFL needed for an upper..Am I missing something here???
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:33:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jm03:
Is it legal to send Ar Upper to a town in Cook county?


Maybe he’s not from around here and just wanted to make sure?

For Jm03, your answer is Yes it is legal to send an AR anything to Crook County, except the receiver!
The receiver is considered the firearm, now don’t think that an uninformed or antigun Cop might not think otherwise.

Hope this helps?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:23:20 PM EST
We really need to add the CCW to a tacked FAQ style link up top. I know its there, but we need a legal FAQ I think. So many people ask "Is this legal in IL" etc that we need a legal FAQ tacked up top me thinks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:44:06 PM EST
Top Top