Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 4:31:51 AM EDT
I have an aunt, ncle, and cousins there, and as you can imagine, phone contact is nearly impossible.

Hell, I wonder if anyone there can even log on to the site....

Prayers going out. Hang in there!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually things aren't too bad in BR. Power may still be out but there are no reports of flooding or widespread damage. I'm even back at work now. Try not to worry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I, also, cannot get in contact with some of my family.  My sister, brother in law and their children are in BR.   Was there serious damage there?  Thanks  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Baton Rouge is fine. Just some lost power there per my relatives
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto what they said.  I'm here in BR and back at work.  Just a bunch of trees down and folk swithout power, but no reports of deaths that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm in BR, everything's fine.

classes do not resume 'till the 6th, though.  i'm at LSU.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i'm in BR, everything's fine.

classes do not resume 'till the 6th, though.  i'm at LSU.

My little brother is at LSU and is desperately looking to help out.  Have you found any contacts on campus for FEMA or anyone looking for workers to do more than pass out food?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the updates.

Turns out the Aunt and Uncle are fine, with both water and power. Almost no damage, thank God. I never got through on the phone, but another uncle got through on the first try. Go figure!

Now, my cousin is a different story. She and her hubby were on a cruise to Mexico when the storm hit. Guess which port they departed from? Yep! New Orleans!

They're still out at sea. At least they can have some fun in the meantime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top