Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 2:53:38 PM EDT
Saw an interview with the Chief Deputy of my county today in the local newspaper regarding assault weapons:

"He pointed out that while police officers never want to be outgunned, he was aware of several citizens living in Lawrence County who heavily outgunned the police department. He also pointed out it was their legal right, whereby a person with no criminal record can own machineguns if they have a federal stamp."

Well, I own an M16 and a handful of suppressors, and I take it from the article that others in the county do as well. What does this have to do with the expiration of the AW ban?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know but I wish I had neighbors like you! Can I borrow a cup of sugar and a M16 for the day??  I wouldnt have to worry about one flank in a shit storm at least!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, you really should have gone the LLC route.  LE not knowing what you have is worth it alone.  WHEW.  Yeah, thats probably you.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
You should be ashamed ! A citizen actually exercising his rights ! I can't believe it !
(Please note sarcasm)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
**/ Mr. Rogers Music On/**  

Won't you please, Won't you please?  Please won't you be my neighbor? Hello Neighbor!

**/ Mr. Rogers Music Off/**

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I doubt most Departments or average people know just how undergunned the authorities are.

Looking at things purely in a tactical view only. Basically a LEO vs. the world fantasy. All police oficers have atleast(issued) 1 handgun, maybe a back up gun, most road guys have a shot gun. Some have rifles. A very small handfull have full auto(SWAT). Most LE don't stock pile any ammo. Most have the 46 rounds of pistol and a small handful for BUG, shot gun and a few loaded mags for the rifle. A small group of us have a collection worthy of mention.

I can't remember the numbers that the Indy Star quoated about firearm permits and ownership but it was pretty impressive about Indiana. Just from being around a lot of gun owners around here and seeing some of what's posted on the IN. forum. I think the general law abiding public has LE outnumbered,out gunned(pure quanity), and has more pure firepower.

If there ever was a "celebrity death match" between the two groups I know who I'd place my bets on. If the media\sheeple ever really figured this out the'd be amazed.

I wouldn't sweat being singled out. I'd take it as a vote of confidence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top