Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/12/2003 8:18:16 PM EDT
Michael Reagan thinks so, but I hope it doesn't come out that way.

Last night there were two winners in the California recall election- Arnold Schwarzenegger and the people of California. There were also a lot of losers.

Among them were, of course, Gray Davis, Cruz Bustamante and, surprisingly, Tom McClintock.

It was a big loss for all three, but for Tom McClintock, I’m sorry to say, the loss was huge. For a long time there was absolutely no doubt that McClintock had no chance of winning. He had to know that, yet he stayed in the race, took votes away from Arnold Schwarzenegger, and threw his political future away in a futile gesture of sticking to his word not to drop out. At any time up until yesterday he could have endorsed Arnold Schwarzenegger and he could have instantly become the man destined to unseat Barbara Boxer in next year’s election. He would have had large amounts of campaign funds, he would have won support, he would have had anything he needed to rid this state of Barbara Boxer.

But because he didn’t drop out and because he didn’t endorse Arnold Schwarzenegger, knowing what the end would be, he forfeited his party’s future support. He could have had everything to look forward to; now he has little or nothing.

Read more here.
www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=10258
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:26:54 PM EDT
if the kali GOP were to not endorse him in effort to beat boxer that would be the 2nd DUMBEST thing they have done with him. the first was not supporting him for the controller race, if they did that he wouldnt have been in the recall race.
unless a better GOP candidate comes out wanting that boxer seat, getting mc clintock in there would be another good start to getting this state and country in solid working order, and in the end thats all that matters.
the gop and mcC better kiss n make up and get down to bidness of winning seats, besides mcC has somewhat of a head start on boxer, by being in the recall race.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:54:58 AM EDT
While Tom Mc has great conservative ideas, he fails on three counts:
1) He has no charisma
2) He is not politically savy
3) He has no charisma

Best that the Repubs find a more likeable candidate to do battle with Boxer.

Bye bye Tom. Sad.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 3:44:48 PM EDT by stator]
-First of all, it is not the GOP that has a problem with Tom. It is Pete Wilson who thinks he is the CA-GOP much like Clinton thinks he's the DNC.

-Second, Tom didn't suffer the damage as Mike Reagan claims because it did not hurt Schwarzenegger's victory.

-Third, it is premature to say that Tom sufferred anything at all. Tom's future is tied to whether Arnold screws up or not.

-Fourth, Micheal Reagan is an idiot as someone who championed the rights of the unborn on his show for many years and turns his back on Tom. Micheal is insignificant compared to his father and makes his living solely in his father's shadow. Also, his radio show has been diving into the depths of the ratings chart.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 3:51:57 PM EDT by stator]
Also, I should add the episode with interviewing McCain during the presidential primaries. Micheal ended-up dumping on McCain and his issues as beening non-GOP which where not as far left as Schwarzenegger's.

Many so-called conservative talk show hosts has showed their true colors of having no real values or core princples:

1- Sean Hannity
2- Rodger Hedgecock
3- Micheal Reagan

One's that stuck with values and principles are:

1- Lee Rodgers
2- Melanie Morgan (certainly on this issue, but waffled on others)
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:16:14 PM EDT
What they should have been looking at was the total votes that went to Republicans.

Arnold + Tom = Serious majority!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:54:21 PM EDT
I don't think he's lost my or the other 13+% of the voters. Lots of voters for McClintock voted Arnold to save the party. He has plenty of supporters and is a brilliant person.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:10:44 AM EDT
Had Bustamonte won the election I think Tom would have been toast. I think (hope) the party will forgive and support him in the future
Top Top