Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 3:45:43 PM EDT
Read: Blazer AL-case 9mm $85/1,000

Woo hoo.

This is purely internet speculation I'm irresponsibly forwarding. But I'm ready to drive to Macon!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It's going to be at Eisenhower where the old Service Merchandise used to be.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of it? What kinda store is it ???? Not in the best side of town either. My old romming grounds in the early 80's.... WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh my.  I think I need to change my undies.

Academy sells 9mm Blazer at 3.86 per box of 50.   When I was in Destin last week, I drove to Pensacola and bought 6K rounds.    That was my beach souvenir.

They had great prices for pistols also.    The people were very cool and didn't bat an eye when I asked to buy their entire stock of ammo.     Plus, they had regular folks manning the gun counter.   Not the gun store commando type.  

The closest Academy is in Birmingham.   Macon is closer so that is very cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to one in Baton Rouge and really liked it. Maybe they'll put some stores closer to Atlanta.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Never heard of it? What kinda store is it ???? Not in the best side of town either. My old romming grounds in the early 80's.... WarDawg

Definately a big boy's toy store. Lots of sporting, camping, hunting gear, minus the country club stuff. Kind of like a working man's Cabela's or Bass Pro. LOTS of guns 'n ammo at very inexpensive prices.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
They have very resonably priced firearms.  My brother picked up a Browning BPS there a couple years ago on sale and it was very cheap and they even threw in an aluminum carrying case.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I pass that place everyday, I was wondering what "Academy" was. That is awesome I cant wati until they open...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top