Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 7:26:29 AM EDT
Anybody have trouble logging to Calguns?    Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
No problems here
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
nope
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I can reach the home page and several of the articles links.  I cannot reach the forums.  My guess, a denial of service attack (my tin foil hat is firmly in place).
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have noticed over the last few days that the site will suddenly stop responding after a period of time.  I then usually check other sites and my router to ensure that I have connectivity, then open a new browser up and Calguns is back to working.  It's almost as if the connection to the server is timing out after inactivity or something, but it can happen when actively clicking around threads on their forums etc., so it's a bit weird.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I can reach the home page and several of the articles links.  I cannot reach the forums.  My guess, a denial of service attack (my tin foil hat is firmly in place).
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Usually the web-hosting companies gaurantee 99.9% up time. It's possible that you hit the 0.1%.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
It might be an equivalent to a denial of servie atack.  The amount of traffic they are getting now, may be overloading them. They estimated what they would get and that is usually good enough and now with the current excitement they are getting flooded with more users more of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top