Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2003 5:30:34 AM EDT

"Barnaul Arsenal
Russian leader and innovator. Accurate and affordable soft point hunting ammo.
All Barnaul ammo is current production, and 100% non-corrosive."

Just curious. Dans has it in stock and it's pretty inexpensive for plinking ammo. It was this, or the Wolf stuff for cheap target shooting. Any of you guys shoot this stuff? It's $60 for 500 rounds with free shipping. Seems like a decent price to me. What do you guys think?

Andy

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:35:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess a lot of guys here aren't using Barnaul.  Personally, I only use M193 or M855 spec ammo, even for plinking.  Specifically, I only use Q3131A (M193) or IMI (M855).  That's it.

The only deviation to this was a recent test I did on a Thermold magazine, during which I ran some other ammo.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
When I had my SAR1, I shot bunches of Barnaul as well as Wolf. No problems at all.
It's as good as Wolf IMO.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
personally if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Barnaul.  Other than that I'll shoot what I have on hand.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Barnaul is more accurate than Wolf IMHO.  D.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top