Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 11:00:30 AM EDT
I cannot believe it, but Ahwatukee now has two check cashing/payday advance stores... My father-in-law who lives in a nice part of Tempe, has a payday and a $1 store around the corner from him.

What is going on? I mean with house prices going up 75% in 4 years, you would expect everybody must have loads of cash... LOL.

I guess I don't understand the new economy, we will all be over our heads in debt and just sell ebay junk or real estate to each other. I am sure we can run a $700 billion annual trade deficit forever. I mean its worked this long, what doesn't last forever...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:04:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
I cannot believe it, but Ahwatukee now has two check cashing/payday advance stores... My father-in-law who lives in a nice part of Tempe, has a payday and a $1 store around the corner from him.

What is going on? I mean with house prices going up 75% in 4 years, you would expect everybody must have loads of cash... LOL.

I guess I don't understand the new economy, we will all be over our heads in debt and just sell ebay junk or real estate to each other. I am sure we can run a $700 billion annual trade deficit forever. I mean its worked this long, what doesn't last forever...

That would be called The Badio, esay.

AB
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:24:06 PM EDT
Who uses check cashing stores?

Illegals who don't have bank accounts or ID.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 3:37:00 PM EDT by 556_Chowder]

Originally Posted By albob:

Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:

That would be called The Badio, esay.

AB

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 5:15:57 PM EDT by The_Macallan]
Thank "Section 8" housing.

Except for the most exclu$$$ive areas - all new large developments/communities nowadays must include set-asides for "low-income" parasites.

Mix the third-world welfare sewage with the hard-working middle-class folks to turn ALL communities into stinking "brownish" mixes of ghetto/barrio/white-trash mediocrity. All so that the filth of society don't feel so bad living in squallor all couped up in South Phoenix.

Welcome to the leftwing social-engineering "ghettoization" of America's middle class.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:11:11 PM EDT
I just can't get over Phoenix... I went to the gun show today at the Fairgrounds-- haven't been there (or to a gunshow) since SAR '04.

Dear God, I always forget what it's like down there.......... I wish I felt safe sticking my truck in one of the inexpensive $3 lots, but I want my truck to be there when I return.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:32:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

"brownish"

hr

Wasn't there a UN statue commemorating the "brown man" of the future?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:10:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By muzzlebrake:

"brownish"

Wasn't there a UN statue commemorating the "brown man" of the future?

Actually I was referring to the dirt-covered color of every drab, filthy stucco&plywood covered rathole neighborhood seemingly within a mile or two of nearly every resident of the valley.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:11:52 AM EDT
The Phoenix greater metropolitan area is more armpit than not.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:24:40 AM EDT

Thank "Section 8" housing.

I'm going on Section 8 housing so I can spend more on guns! w00t!
Top Top