Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2021 11:45:52 PM EDT
With the horse shit situation with ammo and reloading supplies, I was wondering if my next alternative to be able to afford some range time is a cap and ball revolver and muzzle loading rifle or 2. Used to have a .50 cal TC Hawken years ago and it was fun to shoot and pretty dang accurate.  A BP revolver might be fun to try.  At least I see a guy is selling a tool and supplies to make #11 caps from beer cans if those things skyrocket.  Haven't checked out black powder prices however.  They might have that supply all sewn up by now as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Here you go I just posted this in GD.
Muzzle loading rifle kit.

Blackpowder and the substitutes are getting hard to find.   Good luck on percussion caps.

I have seen some round balls though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My Hawken was a TC kit.  Went together great.  The walnut stock that came with it was a beautiful piece of wood.  I had my blueing tanks set up when I built it so I ran the steel through there and it ended up looking better than any factory one I've seen.  I did look around for some black powder supplies and found black powder is as scarce as smokeless and caps, when available, are priced on the ridiculous side as well.  Here is an option -
           Cap tool
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Black powder: it's not just for fudds....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Black powder: it's not just for fudds....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24416/Capture_JPG-1869184.JPG
View Quote

Hodag has one for sale. I've contemplated buying it... more than once... had it in my hands just a week or so ago...
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hodag has one for sale. I've contemplated buying it... more than once... had it in my hands just a week or so ago...
View Quote

But how much are they asking? For a while they were selling NIB for $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top