Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/4/2020 1:25:30 PM EDT
Looks like things will shake out as:

House 59 (R) and 41 (D)
Senate not sure

We still hold both it looks like
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, we got it right here in Iowa.  Most of the rest of the country is a shit show.

kwg
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Held solid majority in Senate and increased in the House as well to a solid majority. Also Ernst beat the crap out of the gun grabber the Dems spent hundreds of millions supporting doing their best to flip us.

Locally in Scott County we have Republican Sheriff and 2 Repubs beat out 2 Dems for Board of Supervisors. Unfortunately the Repub challenger to the liberal Seng in the statehouse lost out. But overall on a state and local level things worked out fantastically for us in Scott County.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Iowa Constitutional Amendment here we come.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought that got shot down by a big margin? Last I saw it was something like 70% no?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I thought that got shot down by a big margin? Last I saw it was something like 70% no?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ten Year Constitutional Convention question was not approved. The original poster was most likely referring to the "Freedom Amendment" that needs to pass through two legislative session to be put to the voters. It passed during the current session, and we have the votes to pass it through a second with the pick up of seven more seats in the Iowa House by pro-gun Republicans.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Ten Year Constitutional Convention question was not approved. The original poster was most likely referring to the "Freedom Amendment" that needs to pass through two legislative session to be put to the voters. It passed during the current session, and we have the votes to pass it through a second with the pick up of seven more seats in the Iowa House by pro-gun Republicans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I misunderstood then. Thought they were the same issue. Glad I was wrong.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
It's times like these that I'm really thankful to live in Iowa.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a time when I really questioned why our state motto was  "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain." Slowly, we have clawed back from that hole to where now we’ve got it pretty good. If we can pass that Iowa Constitutional Amendment with “strict scrutiny,” that truly will be a home run.

We can’t stop the idiocy about to come from D.C., but we certainly can keep our side of the street clean.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top