Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 2:46:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that the thread is naive, especially the choices of answers, and show's how our US cousin's really view us. I wish that there was something that we could change in the gun laws. Demanding something like that, well well well. Does the Carbine man really think that we are in a position as a minority to demand something!?! Even if we did have better (for us), laws we would hardly want to start shooting people in self defence (reasonable force). As to some of the answers given: Speechless.

Oh well lets hope that a mod lock's that thread in the near future.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
anyone got a good link?

ETA Found it now guys

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=397241
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I suspect that if a similar thread was posted in GD, phrased in the same way ie ".........US citizens, bred that way....." there would be rather an uproar.  

I have read the thread and found it "baiting"........ I therefore did not respond.  I do however agree with Matts point that we have always had the right to defend ourselves using minimal force!

I wonder what the outcome would be if an armed burglar was shot and killed by a farmers wife in her own bedroom?  Hypothetical I know...... but I know of several farmers who routinely sleep with the shotgun under the bed........ just in case.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely "baiting"......
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Already explained the "storing in a secure cabinet" rule to one of them........... . Got my head bitten off for my trouble.......... Now I just "drop a dime" before any night time visits!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I was ready to post a long winded response but I decided not to rise to the bait. So I kept my response short.
Maybe Andy should make our displeasure known to the poster in his offical capacity.
I'm sure most of us found the "bred that way" offensive.

We do have to have hides as thick as leather to participate on the world wide web thingy but the thread felt antagonistic in the first instance.

Andy Wadda ya think?

Taffy
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not that bothered, I do take most of it with a pinch of salt.

I'll just log it in the memory archives

Taffy the limey
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Will hold off the "Redneck opinion pole"..........

Edit:  *Pole contents removed*

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont need to go to America...
I know it all.
I've seen the mooovie....

j/k

I gotta get to Texas or Arizona when my back is fixed.
I just gotta .....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Music to compliment the above picture

You are gonna get me into trouble....
I had to listen to it all...ya know how it is..

Taffy
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Shit!  3am and the missuss is going nuts, I guess I should have turned the speakers down before "testing"..............

Edit:  G'night  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Shit!  3am and the missuss is going nuts, I guess I should have turned the speakers down before "testing"..............

Edit:  G'night  

Only 3am....lightweight !

I dunno what to say so here's a bunny with a banjo....

Taffy
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I really like blue grass & cajun music, thanks for the link Taffy. I have a load of cd's. I have a few redneck mate's who got me addicted to the music while we were going hunting, couldn't really get into the chewing baccy though.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Check out the 'freedom' of the citizens in this thread.

LINK

No amount of gun ownership will help these people out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Mind boggling

They have absolutely no idea what the world is like outside the Good ole US of A

Mark
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I stayed on both RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall in the late 80's and I think that was primarily what got me interested in visiting the States................ If you were dropped off blindfolded you'd think you were in the US..... bowling alleys......... pitchers of beer......... pizza parlours....... cars even....  

Saying that, a lot of the guys and galls didn't have much of a life off base and were constantly questioning what went on outside......... not restricted mind you, just by choice.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I have virtually quit  posting on this site due to the moronic trolls that have seemed to be flocking here. Rest assure, you're not the only ones tired of it.
Anyone ever make it to Southern Arizona, send me an IM beforehand--I will show you what being a shooter in our great state is like. Toughest decisions are what guns to take and what direction to head out of town to go shooting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have virtually quit  posting on this site due to the moronic trolls that have seemed to be flocking here. Rest assure, you're not the only ones tired of it.
Anyone ever make it to Southern Arizona, send me an IM beforehand--I will show you what being a shooter in our great state is like. Toughest decisions are what guns to take and what direction to head out of town to go shooting.

Watch out, you may just be getting a flood of IM's soon

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch out, you may just be getting a flood of IM's soon

Yep

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top