Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2008 10:55:44 PM EDT
This past Christmas I bought my father a shotgun. Since then he has gone shooting clays with me a few times and got to go quail/dove hunting on some private land once. He was asking me what I knew about hunting clubs or something to join, I thought another idea might be to buy a bit of acreage and see if we cant get some birds hanging around the place. Not looking for or expecting a highly successful bird hunting plantation thing, but just a couple of fields where we might get a chance to stir up some birds and shoot whatever would be really cool.

I turn to Arfcom to solve all my problems and know theres alot of knowledgeable people here so is there any area in the state y'all recommend for cheap land?

I am in Baldwin County and in my area development is really skyrocketing and land can be pricey. Don't mind a drive really. Any help? I'm sure there's some website I should be looking at for this but most I've checked out are selling huge parcels of land we cannot afford.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]

tag.

for what it's worth, my inlaws just bought 36 acres in Hayden for something like 9k an acre.  Cleared, flat land though with an orchard.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I can find online land in Alabama is hard to find cheap. I wouldn't mind land that needed some work, but the cheapest I'm finding is 1.5k an acre and thats only parcels of 100 acres +

I figure my best bet would to be get out there in the country and look myself for the land....Or get an agent or something...

My father still wants to just find a club to join though. Not sure how many clubs there are for hunting quail, etc in AL though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My hunting club is over three thousand acres, mile of roads, trails, four wheeler paths, also creeks running through property, all for about 700 bucks a year.  My advice is to join a club if you cant afford to buy the land outright.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang. Thats what we need. But I figured most places would only allow bird hunting after deer season and my father has no interest in hunting deer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
All clubs are different, only way to know is to check them out. Good luck! Come to think of it, Dove season comes in way before deer season, not sure about Quail but you dont see many of them anymore anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top