10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/28/2005 4:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 5:24:34 AM EDT by Tanker06]
In looking at the FL Hometown Forum, I found the following advertised:
FDCC Carbine Lowers

Now I haven't had time of late, but will be getting freed up, time-wise soon, to do a lot of shooting, but
has anybody looked into the possibility of getting a Virginia marked AR lower, like FL has?

I'm no artist, so I'm the last person that you'd want drawing up a design, but I'd be greatly interested
in picking up a lower w/ the outline of the Virginia map, and "Virginia Home Defense Rifle" or something
along that line across it. Is this something that we need to get a Mod to run, or what? I'll help out
with this however I can, as I'd love to get something like this.

RB Precision are the ones who came up with the lower for the FL guys, with the lower actually being
made by Superior.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 5:16:14 PM EDT
although im horrible at drawing so i wouldnt be much help but i'd be interested in one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 7:18:22 PM EDT
I'm in. I'm sure some of the photoshop folks here can come up with something unique.
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 2:55:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2005 3:00:51 AM EDT by varoadking]
FWIW - I'm not much for obscure slogans.

The Great Seal of the Commonwealth on a stripped lower would be a nice touch.

Link Posted: 5/29/2005 3:02:20 AM EDT
I'd like one if you can ship to an FFL in NJ.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 2:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2005 2:41:36 PM EDT by PrivateJoker]
OOoooo!!! I'm in!
I'll make a VA Design!

(We might want to Tack this one if it takes off)
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 2:46:31 PM EDT
Tack it please. I'm in, especially if RB Precision handles it. They were a very nice group of people to have dealt with when I got my Stag lower.
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 4:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2005 1:52:07 PM EDT by Tanker06]
Joker - please see what you can whip up, just as a rough-draft. You do good work

RB Precision has done other custom work, as they did Florida's lowers, but I honestly don't know you'd
go about getting with them to ask abt doing a custom lower. I'm sure that there'd be a minimum #
that they'd need to do up for a custom run, so I'm going to IM the guy who set up the FL lowers, and
see what he says.

Has anybody had any personal dealings with the RB Precision staff, to know who would have to put in
the work-order for this? It's not official ARF, but we're ARF members, so we'd be telling them where
we "hang out", etc. So is this something that a Mod would need to bring up, once we see that we
have enough interest?

Interest so far: 30 MAY 05
Count: 13 and 2 possible, depending on price
Tanker06 - two
Afplayboy18 - one
Tspike - one (at least)
Varoadking - one (at least)
MAP - one (doesn't live in VA, but that's okay )
PrivateJoker - one
packnru - one
libertyforall - (one? - depending on price)
Quien - one
1Gunner - one
sjauch - one
Banzai - one
Bobby_the_Hun - one
BennyFranklin - (one? - depending on price)
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 5:25:58 PM EDT
I might be interested if the price isn't too steep. How much extra do engravings usually run? I'm stuck in MD now but hoping to make the move across the river to freedom sometime soon!
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 5:29:32 PM EDT
Interested. Tag.
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 6:04:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By libertyforall:
I might be interested if the price isn't too steep. How much extra do engravings usually run? I'm stuck in MD now but hoping to make the move across the river to freedom sometime soon!

On the FL forum they are saying $140 (Stripped, I believe) so I would expect about the same.
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 6:36:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2005 6:36:40 PM EDT by afplayboy18]
is there a place to order a custom made stripped AR receiver with whatever i want on it or would
i have to get an 80% and have what i want put in it myself?
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 9:47:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By afplayboy18:
is there a place to order a custom made stripped AR receiver with whatever i want on it or would
i have to get an 80% and have what i want put in it myself?

I've never seen any place advertise such. It's one of those deals where I'm sure that they could do
it, but the cost of artwork, setup, and doing it, just for one or two receivers would be astronomical
in price.

An 80%-er would be doable, but you'd need all of the jigs to complete the lower, which incidentally,
are being sold over on Weaponeer right now (or were very recently). I just don't have the space for
all of the tools involved right now. Maybe in a few months when we get moved, but not now....
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 9:59:02 PM EDT
I would be in....but isn't the Superior Arms lowers the cheapest of the cheap? Could we switch manufacturers? Something like a CMMG group buy and have them sent to the ARCOM SBR engraver?
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 3:52:11 AM EDT
If I can get it shipped to NJ count me in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 4:16:12 AM EDT
I'm in, depending on the manufacturer of the lower. I like the idea of upgrading the lower and sending them to the ARCOM engraver in the Class3 section.

Tom
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 5:21:36 AM EDT
Another Yankee here showing interest
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 10:45:25 AM EDT
Maybe a group buy using this......DPMS is good stuff

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=266737
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 12:48:31 PM EDT

I might be interested if the price isn't too steep.

+1

Would we go with the superior lowers? Anyone see these or have one for fit/finish?
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 1:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2005 1:59:57 PM EDT by Tanker06]
Well, according to new-arguy, the lowers are made by Superior. RBP did the artwork. Now, I've never
had a chance to look over the Superior lower, so I can't say for certain as to how they look exactly.
The FDCC artwork is on the rightside of the magwell on these receivers.

Here is RB Precision's advert on these lowers, with the 7th post down giving a description and some
pics: Superior Lowers

Granted, RBP is selling these, so they're touting their wares, but I've never heard anything bad abt
these folks from anybody, so I'd be willing to say that they're not POS lowers. Just my thoughts....

On another note, I have an IM in to another guy who supposedly works with one of the big-name
manufacturers, who could put the desired artwork on the LEFT side of the magwell, right above the
manufacturer's name. I'll see what he has to say abt price and quantity needed, and advise when I
know more.

1GUNNER - can't say that they're the cheapest. If we were going for bottom dollar, we could go
Essential Arms....

Update: Just received an IM from new-arguy who said that Superior did all of the work on these lowers,
and that RB was the middleman for it. That everybody who ordered one of these lowers loved them,
and that there were no problems with them. In fact, he said that they loved them to the point that
there is supposed to be another batch coming soon for them. Just an FYI.

Pics of the finished receivers, assembled, can be seen on Page 5 of the FL post that I have linked
at the top of this thread. Looks like nice work to me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 3:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2005 3:25:26 PM EDT by Banzai]
Some issues that have come up with other lowers:

Will a TD grip fit? Known issue with LMT lowers (threaded hole placement and angle)
Will a MagPul enhanced trigger guard fit? Known issue with LAR lowers (hole placement)
Will a MagPul buffer tube fit? Known issue with RRA/CMT/Stag lowers (thread tolerance tightness)
Is the mag well on the large or small end of the tolerance? Known issue with Mega/Stinger lowers (both tighter than generally desired)

Depending on these issues, I'm in for at least one, maybe more. Anyone have any artwork yet other than the seal of VA?

Tom

ETA OK, after reviewing the other topics linked in here about the FDCC lowers, I'm definately in! I'm not sure about the naked boobie chick in the VA seal, sorta cheesy compared to that nice FDCC logo that they have, but if it's what the group buy decides, I'm still in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 7:45:41 PM EDT
Tagged to keep track on the pricing
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 5:16:17 AM EDT
$$??
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 3:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2005 3:58:57 PM EDT by Tanker06]
Still waiting to hear from the POC on the custom lower manufacturer. Also waiting to see what
PrivateJoker comes up with, art-wise.

Any suggestions for a logo, or a rough-in for artwork that PrivateJoker could work on would be
appreciated.

The Virginia state seal should be doable, as the FDCC logo was rather intricate also. Or just the
outline of the state with "Commonwealth Defense Rifle" or something along that line would be
cool too.

ETA: Corrected for spelling. Pain meds mess with your concentration!
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 6:19:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2005 6:18:27 PM EDT by PrivateJoker]
ok, here is my 1st stab.... not great, but a starting point:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

feedback and ideas more than welcome.

(Edited to add additional designs....)
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 7:48:31 PM EDT
I like the bottom one, how about marking with a dot the city that each buyer hails from. End the end there would be hopefully be alot of dots to see where the lowers ended up across the state.
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 8:16:01 PM EDT
Nice job! I like the top one myself. I think that style logo would look nicer that the commonwealth seal.
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 10:20:20 PM EDT
Hey Tanker06,

I'm going to have to back out--had some other bills come up and won't have any money to start another AR anytime soon. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 2:50:49 AM EDT
I like #1 better than the others. I just don't know about the font & style for Virginia....It's a little....I don't know, back woods looking, a little campy maybe?

JMHO. It'll still be cool. Thanks for working on the art!
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 4:34:28 AM EDT

Hey Tanker06,
I'm going to have to back out--had some other bills come up and won't have any money to start another AR anytime soon. Good luck!

No prob - it's all good! Been there..... thanks for the heads-up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 4:43:18 AM EDT
Interest so far: 1 JUN 05
Count: 12 and 4 possible, depending on price
Tanker06 - two
Afplayboy18 - one
Varoadking - one (at least)
MAP - one
PrivateJoker - one
packnru - one
libertyforall - (interested - depending on price)
Quien - one
1Gunner - one
sjauch - one
Banzai - one
Bobby_the_Hun - one
BennyFranklin - (interested - depending on price)
kdmoore - interested- depending on price)
Longboat - interested - depending on price)
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 5:54:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2005 5:57:54 AM EDT by Hawk_308]
Im interested depending on brand and price, which along as its under 150 no biggie. I cant see the designs :( .
PS Ill check with my friends Nick and Carl , Carl is getting ready to start his AR build so he has a good reason to be interested.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 7:17:30 AM EDT
im in what time frame are we looking at? and how much?

i need to know how much to save and by what date.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 7:22:03 AM EDT
I'm in for one!

Whatever logo you guys decide upon is fine with me.

1Gunner - By all accounts the Superior Arms lowers are extremely nice and the fact that they will accept custom work is a bonus. If Robert and Krista are selling Superior lowers I believe they are good to go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 9:21:09 AM EDT
I dont know what the hell I'd do with it, but........ IM IN!!
I assume its around $100 bucks +plus a few more for the engraving? Considering Superior's lowers are $90 to start.
My vote is for the state seal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 9:23:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PrivateJoker:
ok, here is my 1st stab.... not great, but a starting point:

www.planetnick.net/ARFCOM/VALower-01.jpg
www.planetnick.net/ARFCOM/VALower-02.jpg
www.planetnick.net/ARFCOM/VALower-03.jpg

feedback and ideas more than welcome.

DOH!

repost please...
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 9:30:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By davidp14:
I assume its around $100 bucks +plus a few more for the engraving? Considering Superior's lowers are $90 to start.

The FDCC lowers were $140 per lower according to the thread that Tanker posted at the top.

I imagine these will be roughly the same price.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 10:37:11 AM EDT
Please consider me in!
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 11:26:24 AM EDT
Any discount for two? Maybe $5 off each like the guy advertises? Might as well since the transfer of two at the same time saves me $35.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 4:21:52 PM EDT
Price check for 2 or perhaps 3
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 4:23:40 PM EDT
How'd my name dropped form the list?
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 4:45:22 AM EDT
Count me in for one!
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 5:43:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2005 9:15:39 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 5:44:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:

The FDCC lowers were $140 per lower according to the thread that Tanker posted at the top.

I imagine these will be roughly the same price.

close enough!!
Im thinking ...........6.8
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 5:45:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:

man, i like the snake one!!! i'm in for one of those or the va seal.

whats that say to the right of the snake? I like it, but were there other options as well?
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 5:49:31 AM EDT
I am in at Circa $140 for one. I personally vote for the third image Joker did but I am flexible.
GlocksareGood
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 5:53:03 AM EDT

OK I saw the others... I like this one. I'd still like to see a state seal though. However, whichever option is chosen, count me in.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 7:10:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:

man, i like the snake one!!! i'm in for one of those or the va seal.

whats that say to the right of the snake? I like it, but were there other options as well?

It says "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

The design is based off of the artwork from the book Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matthew Bracken. My version needs some work to be useful for this application though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 10:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2005 10:04:24 AM EDT by Hawk_308]
OK after seeing jokers art work you can defantly put me down for one :) . My friend Nick said add him to the list to :D
PS I like the first and last ones
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 11:49:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2005 11:11:56 AM EDT by koolaid]
I like the first and sixth designs by far. are these going to available as complete, finished lowers, or only as stripped lowers? Depending on price, I'm in.hippie.gif
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 3:01:13 PM EDT
I am interested in getting one.

tt
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top