Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 1:41:59 PM EDT
Some firefighters hold this annual fundraiser near Gateway, Colorado:  Gateway Dynamite Shoot.  But I wonder whether they are just using Tannerite binary exploding targets and calling it dynamite, or could they actually be using real dynamite / TNT?  Come to think of it, the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in Kentucky has been doing something similar to this for years for the machine gunners.

How's that for reactive targets?  Calling Nationwide...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]

.they are simply a soda pop can filled with explosives. The photograph (above) shows their location...obviously at these distances they are not this easy to see!

tannerite would be my guess
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Straight dynamite will detonate with rifle fire.  TNT will not, hence its use in combat along with C4.  Both of these military explosives require a special cap, regular civillian caps will not work, only blowing C4 or TNT all over the place.

Dynamite is quite inexpensive compared to Tannerite, IF you have the required paperwork, magazine and transport.  You CANNOT transport it in your POV, all vehicles need placarding and explosives transport liability.

Seeing how the SPONSOR is Gateway Controlled Explosion Excavation, they have the required permits, magazine and transport.  THe targets are beverage cans filled with explosive, probably a blasting slurry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Dynamite only cost $.80 cents a stick tanrite is a lot more.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
If you guys are wanting some tannerite I have been working on a group buy.

email me if interested.

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a case of tannerite Saturday!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just ordered a case of tannerite Saturday!  

I have had a post in here for a group buy for some time now,
great deal when we buy only 5...

I am still taking orders for this buy in

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top