Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2004 6:52:35 PM EDT
I'm located in Dallas and am thinking about enrolling in a tactical carbine class.
I'm considering Badlands in Oklahoma and TacPro in Mingus (west of Ft. Worth).
Does anyone have any experience with either of these, or maybe can recommend
another outfit ?
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
 You might want to keep Tiger Valley and TDSA in mind.  Both are much more local to DFW.

mm
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try www.protacglobal.com.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been to Tac-Pro many times since they are only 20 miles from my house.  They are very friendly and Bill Davidson knows what he is doing(he was in the British Royal Marines).  There are several ranges there including a 1,000 yard rifle range.  Give them a try, I do not think you will be disappointed.  Just my two cents.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice guys. With this new info I'll continue my research.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have been to Tac-Pro many times since they are only 20 miles from my house.  They are very friendly and Bill Davidson knows what he is doing(he was in the British Royal Marines).  There are several ranges there including a 1,000 yard rifle range.  Give them a try, I do not think you will be disappointed.  Just my two cents.  

I'm in the Wichita Falls area, anyone have websites for these groups?
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's one:

http://tacproshootingcenter.com/
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]
   Took a presision rifle class last year a TACPRO, Bill Davidson will teach you some outstanding skill and at a good price.....give them a call or check the web sight

Link Posted: 12/9/2004 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Another person to check w/ is Steve Moses.  He is actually holding a Tactical Carbine class this weekend.  All slots did feel up rather fast.

You can reach him on his cell at 817.308.2607

Good luck in your search.

Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
My recommendation for a tactical rifle class would be Paul Howe of Combat Shooting And Tactics, but I also agree that any class you take from Bill Davison, TJ Pilling, or Steve Moses would be good as well.  Master Sergeant Paul Howe was in U.S. Army Special Operational Detachment - Delta (SOD-D, a.k.a. Delta Force) during the Mogadishu, Somalia, incident in October 1993, which has been chronicled in the book and eventually made into the motion picture of the same name Black Hawk Down.

You can also contact Strategic Weapons Academy of Texas, located in Irving, Texas, regarding these classes.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm located in Dallas and am thinking about enrolling in a tactical carbine class.
I'm considering Badlands in Oklahoma and TacPro in Mingus (west of Ft. Worth).
Does anyone have any experience with either of these, or maybe can recommend
another outfit ?

TDSA is having a combo rifle and shotgun course if you are interested.  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=191165

mm
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]
ProTac Global
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]
ProTac gets my vote as well. TDSA is good also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top