Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2022 4:09:15 AM EDT
What barriers or hoops do I have to jump through to make this legit?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Have it sent to a WA FFL and transfer. That is the legit way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have it sent to a WA FFL and transfer. That is the legit way.
View Quote

Well that's annoying.  Does it have to be FFL to FFL or can it be private to FFL?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well that's annoying.  Does it have to be FFL to FFL or can it be private to FFL?
View Quote

Shipped or in person? I've seen FFLs that say they won't accept private shipments.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
What handgun?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What handgun?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shipped or in person? I've seen FFLs that say they won't accept private shipments.
View Quote

Shipped. I guess I'll stop by the local FFL and see what they say.

I don't know for sure what handgun it is. I'll be going there in a couple of weeks for the service.

I think it might be a Sig Sauer P229 or P229 or something like that. It's not something I'm too keen on but I'll probably get murdered if I sell or trade it if it is what I think it is.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't know for sure what handgun it is. I'll be going there in a couple of weeks for the service.

I think it might be a Sig Sauer P229 or P229 or something like that. It's not something I'm too keen on but I'll probably get murdered if I sell or trade it if it is what I think it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well which one is it? A P229 or a P229?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well which one is it? A P229 or a P229?
View Quote

lol.  I remember an old picture of either a P229 or P226.  But apparently I'm wrong. Looks like it's a Springfield XD-M.  I can't make out the caliber in the picture but guessing .45 ACP by shape of the wording on the barrel.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What barriers or hoops do I have to jump through to make this legit?
View Quote

I could be wrong but I am unaware of any law that prohibits you from just accepting that pistol/gift while you are in Idaho and bringing it home with you.

If you were purchasing a new pistol the transfer must be done through an FFL in your home state.

Private party exchanges,  especially among family members are common in Idaho.

All that said who knows what is leagal in this state anymore.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
1) delete thread
2) go to service and mourn
3) stop at range and celebrate life

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1) delete thread

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
1) delete thread

View Quote

This here

What gun?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1) delete thread

View Quote

An hour after his service, I was in the back pasture shooting my dad's Colt 1878 in his memory.  (The "dad's gun" from my childhood.)
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

An hour after his service, I was in the back pasture shooting my dad's Colt 1878 in his memory.  (The "dad's gun" from my childhood.)
View Quote

My Dad carried a sw 67 no dash, all those years I never understood what he liked about that 38 short and weak, until he was gone Andi finally shot it.

What a dream.

I hope my kids treasure some of my firearms like I do his. And my grandfather's 32-20
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hope my kids treasure some of my firearms like I do his. And my grandfather's 32-20
View Quote

Funny you should say that.  "Dad's Gun" is a 32-20.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Since I found out it's an XDM 45(?), I said I'm just going to sell it if they give it to me. I don't have sentimental value in objects, especially if it's something I don't use.
I'm not one of those individuals to have things just to have things. It has to be useful to me.

I don't want to take it the unofficial way and have it come bite me in the ass over ~$60 and the process.

Talked to the local FFL. They do accept shipped firearms from private. They require a photo of the drivers license of person giving it away and in my case, a letter stating the firearm is a gift/inheritance.
Pretty easy process.

I wonder if I can swap it for a P322 and nobody would know.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]
XDM in 45 is a great shooter, put a powder river trigger kit in it and you will have a sweet shooting 45.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
XDM in 45 is a great shooter, put a powder river trigger kit in it and you will have a sweet shooting 45.
View Quote

I passed on the hs seen they were 200 bucks. I bought the xd9, then the 40, then a compact, then my sister started taking them.

I LOVED how they shot, but have up. For years.

Last year I find an HS. She doesn't know what that is. I'll be able to keep that one.??
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't ship it from another FFL, sales tax will have to be collected by receiving dealer in Washington. Find an FFL that accepts from private party and then no tax is collected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top