Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 11:17:34 PM EDT
Need help here from anyone......there is a distant poss. I may need to relocate in the near future and del. is one poss. destination. What are the gun laws like that pertain to AR's M-4's.....any dumbass AWB or mag capacity limits......ammo restrictions?...........Im commin from MD so im wondering if they are worse or better than MD..................all insight apprec.................
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
packing.org should answer most if not all of your questions.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
They don't have "assault weapon," gun lock or magazine capacity restrictions, but their CCW policies are formidable (they have reciprocity for CCW with Florida, but only for non-residents of Delaware):

In addition to firearms training,
(1) The person shall make application therefor in writing and file the same with the Prothonotary of the proper county, at least 15 days before the then next term of the Superior Court, clearly stating that the person is of full age and that the person is desirous of being licensed to carry a concealed deadly weapon for personal protection or protection of the person's property, or both, and also stating the person's residence and occupation.
. . .

(2) At the same time the person shall file, with the Prothonotary, a certificate of 5 respectable citizens of the county in which the applicant resides at the time of filing the application. The certificate shall clearly state that the applicant is a person of full age, sobriety and good moral character, that the applicant bears a good reputation for peace and good order in the community in which the applicant resides, and that the carrying of a concealed deadly weapon by the applicant is necessary for the protection of the applicant or the applicant's property, or both. The certificate shall be signed with the proper signatures and in the proper handwriting of each such respectable citizen.

Good luck finding your 5 "respectable citizens" if you're just moving in.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
to answer your question.

no full auto, no supressors.

everything else is better than MD :)

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
well there goes del. as a choice..............(no cans did it......)....OK lets see NY, nope..........NJ, ............nope, DE,.......Nope..........runnin out of Yankee states here in the mid atlantic............
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Live in SE PA and commute to DE.  Get all the toys and have CCW.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
PM inbound
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
tag and save.

Do you have "registration of handguns or assault rifles" or "outdoor firing ranges"?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
tag and save.

Do you have "registration of handguns or assault rifles" or "outdoor firing ranges"?

giacutter, I'm not sure I understand your questions...

we have the 'gun show loophole' so private party sale is not recorded.  Plenty of outdoor ranges -  or are you looking for a 'no questions asked' kinda place.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag and save.

giacutter, I'm not sure I understand your questions...

we have the 'gun show loophole' so private party sale is not recorded.  Plenty of outdoor ranges -  or are you looking for a 'no questions asked' kinda place.

Registration.....as in New York where you must register your firearms with the local police, have a permit to own a handgun in your home, etc.  

I did a search for firing ranges in DE, and only found indoor ranges and or "gun clubs".  Not sure what a gun club is in DE.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
no regristration.

for ranges, tell me where (northern / southern DE) and what your looking for and I'll see if I can get a name or URL.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is southern delaware there are a few ranges, Bridgeville rifle range - 600yd 300yd indoor pistol, 2 100yrd pits , the is seaford range i think up to 300 and multiple ranges, owens station sporting clays is in greenwood.   up north there is a state run range and a few indoor places I think. Any questions about moving to DE let me know I work in real estate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top