Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 7:59:38 AM EDT
Hey everybody, just had a few questions about the 2 counties mentioned above.  I used to live in Forsyth about 3.5 years ago and was looking to come back in that area within the next year.  When I was there it was being developed like crazy, new shopping centers/strip malls/homes popping up everywhere.  Has that slowed down at all or is it worse than ever?  Traffic worse?  Is the widening of GA 20 complete yet?  Is English still the local language or has that changed to Spanish?  Dawson seemed to be the same way, but not growing as fast.  I might be coming down that way around Christmas time for a look around.  Thanks for all the help.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Cumming. Everything east of the square is pretty busy. The far western and far northern parts of the county are still fairly rural.

The widening of GA 20 is just now getting started. It's a mess, but manageable. They are currently redesigning the interchange at GA 20 and GA400 as well. The widening is really only from 400 east to just outside of town.

IM me if you need more info.

You wouldn't recognize Dawsonville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top