Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2009 4:53:23 PM EDT
Quick question. I listened to a conversation this weekend which consisted almost entirely of complaints about the mayor. My only contact with him was at last year's Marine Corps Ball downtown; he seemed like a great guy there. How good of a job is he doing?

(not Indy resident)
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
For what he has to work with I would say hes doing ok.

You gotta remember that the city is run by the "Reverends"

Hes not much of a politican, maybe thats what I like about him the most.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
And he came in with his hands tied big time from Barf Peterson, predecessor.  I like him so far.  He's a realist and practical, and while I get the feeling he'd like to do a LOT of things differently, he recognizes that now is not the time/place for such drastic overhauls of the status quo.  Surest way to frap the entire mission.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
He's doing well.  Got the streets fixed up, and refocused priorities to crime.  Taxes haven't gone up.  He's tried some property tax relief stuff.

A bill came up to restrict shooting firearms within the city limits.  He listened to voters and opposed it.

He got into office without much help from the party, so he's got some independence.  I like him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
For what he's got to work with he's doing a decent job. You have to remember that the city council is pretty liberal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For what he's got to work with he's doing a decent job. You have to remember that the city council is pretty liberal.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top