Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2005 3:16:42 PM EDT
Are there any indoor ranges in NW or Northern IN (or even Eastern ILL,) that will let you shoot .223?

Deb's Gun Range?
RangeMasters?

Can I bring my own ammo?
Range fees?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been to both Deb's gun range and Rangemasters in Chesterton.  Deb's won't let you shoot .223 only handgun calibers.  Rangemasters with allow you to shoot .223.  Both let you bring your own ammo.  

It just isn't the same shooting indoors.  I wish I could get to an outdoor range more often.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Still very cold in indoor ranges, though.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
How is Rangemaster's range?

How far of shots can you take?

If not, I will just stock up on ammo during the winter and wait till it warms up, and use my PDs outdoor range.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly it's 50 yds.  What department do you work for?  If my assumption is correct, based on your moniker, I work in that town and have shot at your range.  You've got a great setup there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Bullseye in Kokomo has a 50 yard in indoor range and you used to be able to shoot 5.56 froma rifle as long as it was not AP. I have not shot in there in years but I would bet it's still the same.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly it's 50 yds.  What department do you work for?  If my assumption is correct, based on your moniker, I work in that town and have shot at your range.  You've got a great setup there.

Well what department do yoooooooooooou think I work for?

Remember, when you assume, you make an
ASS of U and ME

I just had to, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried to IM you and then realized I couldn't .  Oh well, we'll.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Flat Creek in Lafayette allows you to shoot any caliber up to .50 BMG.  
As long as it isnt AP.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As long as it isnt AP.  

Ok and.......................

Last time I checked Lafayette was not in NW or Northern IN.

Thanks anyways............
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As long as it isnt AP.  

Ok and.......................

Last time I checked Lafayette was not in NW or Northern IN.

Thanks anyways............

Actually .. it's on the western side... of the upper half of Indiana... so .. technically... it is..

It's less than an hour south of valpo at todays speeds... 75mph.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Actually .. it's on the western side... of the upper half of Indiana... so .. technically... it is..

It's less than an hour south of valpo at todays speeds... 75mph.  

Ok so why would I want to drive 30 minutes to Valpo and then another hour south of that?........just to shoot at an indoor range?

I was looking for ranges in NW IN and/or NORTHERN Indiana, read the first post!

I think if you ask anyone, they are NOT going to agree that Lafayette in is NW nor NORTHERN Indiana.

Once again, thanks anyawys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think if you ask anyone, they are NOT going to agree that Lafayette in is NW nor NORTHERN Indiana.

They will if they live in Evansville...

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Technically... they would be wrong...  

There are two vertical or longitude directions... north... and south.

There are two horizontal or latitude directions... east and west...

Two parts to each... so... latitude wise... it divides the state in half...and longitude wise... it divides the state in half...  much like a graph with X and Y coordinates

That leaves us with 4 “quadrants” in the state... The South East quadrant, the South West quadrant, The North East quadrant and the North West quadrant.

Lafayette has the unfortunate distinction of being in the NW quadrant...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top