Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:50:23 AM EDT
I looked around the local area and the lowest I came up with was $9.50/hr for a 15 yd indoor range.
Is that a good price? I have observed in the past that I can rarely shoot for more than 2 hours (ammo runs out or it gets boring).
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:02:00 PM EDT
I know of places that charge more than that for a half hour. Sounds like a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 7:47:52 PM EDT by hanibal]
Pete's in Roseville by chance? The only other one I know of is Double action in Warren (14/Dequindre?).
Pete's is kind of a shithole, but it's the only place in south Macomb to shoot pistol at as far as I know. If there is someplace better I'd like to try it out.

I don't think $9.50/hr. is too bad, not high enough to keep me away. Like I said, it's close but that's about the extent of it's appeal.

-Scott
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:00:00 AM EDT
Yeah it's Peters. How much of a shithole is it? Double Action is too pricey.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:49:41 AM EDT
MULTI-LAKES gun club in oakland county is $6.00 an hour or for as long as you want to shoot if no one is waiting. The only problem is that they are not open all the time. Wedensdays during the day and afternoon and sunday afternoons for open shooting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:49:56 AM EDT
Multi-lakes is too far from me. The DNR range, albeit only single loads are allowed, is closer and is probably the farthest I'd be willing to drive. My only other option is to join Bluewater for $150 a year... I don't plan to shoot much in a year especially with the ammo prices being driven up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:02:38 AM EDT
Ya it may a bit out of the way, They do let you shoot mult-shots and load the mags up: It is inside so weather is not a problem, there are several ranges around the area I am sure there should be several that will fit the bill.

They also have an outside range Up to 200 yards: It is single shot, but the place is in the middle of subdivisions so they like to keep the lead in the Berms. Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:16:04 AM EDT
I also got my dad into shooting so I'm also keeping in mind finding a place that would be cheap for both of us to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:23:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
Yeah it's Peters. How much of a shithole is it? Double Action is too pricey.

If there's alot of people shooting it doesn't seem to vent properly and can get kinda hot. Not exactly the cleanest place either. That doesn't really bother me but it'd be nice if once in a while they'd clear the brass off the floor. There are usually one or two lanes down because for whatever reason the motor that runs the pulley system is broken.

Not all that bad, like I said I still shoot there quite a bit. It's a place to shoot if nothing else.

-Scott
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:51:44 AM EDT
It all depends on the environment you want to shoot in.
Your going to pay a little more to shoot on a clean range with a ventilation system that does more than just push air around.

I'll personally pay a little more so that I don't have to breath in the powder and lead dust.
You get what you pay for, and I'm not going to pay to use any range that when I leave I can blow black dust & soot out of my nose. Been there, done that.

Metroplex, I know you said you want a cheaper place to shoot. Instead I'm going to show you a more expensive place, But it's a "state of the art" facility.

www.huntswithdouble.com/

It's on 23 mile, first street on the right, west of Schoenherr.
It's a private state of the art club that on Saturdays allows non-members to shoot for (I think) $25/ hour. Thats only $12.50/ half hour. From what was explained to me when I called, you can shoot on Saturday for the above price. Then you have to buy a Pass for a block of time (I think it was $60 for 3 hours). After that they are going to want you to join. And the membership ain't cheep.

There is a silver lining though.
Power Factor Handgun Club puts on bowling pin shoots there in the fall & spring.
They are gearing up for a new season starting soon.
Check them out here: home.earthlink.net/%7Epfh-bod/pfh/pfh01.htm
It's a hoot & it's only $15 per match.

I shot there last year and I was very impressed to say the least.
I cannot justify the cost of membership though. I am not a member.
If they cut it in half, I would conceder it.

Just wanted to give you more options.

Oh, and the last time I checked membership at Bluewater was only around $90/year.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:58:47 AM EDT
Bluewater wants $20 extra for a key. Since I have 2 ppl in my family that want to shoot, I'm looking at $260/year + $40 in keys. The $90 is only for less than a year membership.

I'd have to be go to the range 30-60 times a year for that to be affordable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:43:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
I also got my dad into shooting so I'm also keeping in mind finding a place that would be cheap for both of us to shoot.

Your in the wrong sport if your looking for CHEAP!

Join a Range and you'll go more over time and that'll save you some $$$ in the long run. I"m going to join a Range out by Lasing even though its a drive for me since I live in Allen Park, but it doesnt have anyone looking over your shoulder (DNR Range Nazi's) plus it only cost 50.00 a year

Ant
Top Top