Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2003 5:41:18 AM EDT
I know that guys aren't about to give up prime prairie dogs towns that they've found, but I would appreciate information on where I might find good areas to look. I went to SW South Dakota and a had a great time, but I think that there are better prairie dog towns yet to be found.

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a web site posted in here a few months back. I think it was 150 bucks per person for the day and you can shoot all the prairie dogs ya want. Can't remember then name of the web site though. Maybe some of the other guys can think of it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
HAHA! Found it!

www.huntinfo.com/ppo

Off the web site:

Varmints
We have several sections of Prairie Dogs Towns for exceptional Prairie Dog hunts. We can provide a shooting table, and a spotter. Most Prairie Dog hunters average 250 rounds per day. We can also provide Coyote hunts. We can provide these hunts year round. - $150.00 per hunter/day (price is reduced to $125.00/person for a full day hunt if 4 or more in a hunting party)

I'm sure if you came down here some of us texas guys wouldn't mind joining you. I'd go, if I had the money at the time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's another place:

www.quahadi-mcdowell.com/Pricing/var_pred_day.htm

Off web site:

Varmints
We have a large prairie dog town and an abundance of rabbits, raccoons, skunks and rattlesnakes.  You may come and hunt prairie dogs, rabbits (Jack and Cottontail) and rattlesnakes (Diamondback) for a $25 per person daily hunt fee.  Or, you may come and hunt raccoons and skunks for a $50 per per daily hunt fee.  There are no additional kill fees or deposits required, however there is a $50 minimum per party per day.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't believe people would spend 150 bucks to shoot some varmit.  Seems that some of the local farmers would be ok with it for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top