Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 2:55:00 AM EDT
I did a quick google check and it seems Indiana is good to go.  My brother is about to PCS to Camp Atterbury and I just want to make sure their is no obscure law or anything that he should need to keep in mind before he goes.   Am I missing anything?  Also, any suggestions on where he should look to buy a house within 30 min of the base?

Thank ya in advance.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You can check handgunlaw.us but IN is pretty good for gun laws. Long guns pretty well wide open; handguns you'll want a license but we don't have the odder restrictions of some States. We recognise all other States; you are supposed to obey the laws of the State (handgun) your license is issued in while here as well but in reality how many LEO's know other State's laws.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can check handgunlaw.us but IN is pretty good for gun laws. Long guns pretty well wide open; handguns you'll want a license but we don't have the odder restrictions of some States. We recognise all other States; you are supposed to obey the laws of the State (handgun) your license is issued in while here as well but in reality how many LEO's know other State's laws.
View Quote
FWIW, IIRC, his brother would be able to keep his license from his home state unless he is changing his permanent residence to IN. Although he did mention buying a house so he may plan to do that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Trafalgar or Franklin is where I would look at buying. Fairly close and good market if he decides to sell in a short period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top