Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2005 3:20:04 PM EDT
I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in April had surgery at the end of april and started Chemotherapy on 2 May have been going through that now and Monday is my last day of Chemo
I did not post here cause I felt it was like seeking pity it is not, I want everyone to know

CHECK YOUR NUTS!
Below is a link to a General discussion page drawing attention to this affliction as it appears to be an ARFCOM epidemic!

Linky
Find information on the Self exam here!
Testicular Cancer Resource Center
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I did not post here cause I felt it was like seeking pity it is not, I want everyone to know

We would not have thought you were 'pity seeking,' man.

Hope things go well with you.

Quoted: CHECK YOUR NUTS!

Uhh...well...OK.  

Seriously, I got more cancer in my family - I know it's coming.

Nice screenname, BTW.
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hang in there bud.
Congrats on your last treatment, You'll be back at the range in no time now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Best wishes to you AFSOC. Strange, my daughter is seeing a young lad in O'Fallon, Mo. I think he has two more treatments before he is done. Your first name wouldn't be Jeremy, would it? I dont think so, but just seeing if you and he are the same. But I regress, you only say you have one treatment left and I think he has two..

Jeremy's father had the same infliction years back and from what I have heard that this raises the sons chance of having it too. Not saying that none of us cant get it even if our fathers didn't get it, just the chance is higher when the father had it.  Well one bright side of the chemo is that you dont have to shave your heads to stay cooler during the summer.

I am about 50/50 naturally bald so I shave the other half, what a PITA.

Hope your hair comes back with a vengance.

Paul in STL
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 5:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Well an Update on my story... I just got back from Chemotherapy, Talked to my Doctor he sent the CT to Doctor Einhorn and IU and they are recommending a 4th cycle of Chemotherapy followed by a PET scan to verify progress apparently the Chemo has not worked as fast as they would have liked so they get to beat me up for another three Weeks! At least it IS working! Unfortunately today will not be my last day of Chemo.... :(

By the way Paul my name is definitely not Jeremy..... :)

Link Posted: 6/27/2005 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I am glad to hear that it is working. Even if slowly.
Hopefully it won't be too much longer with those treatments when you can say, "I am free and clear!"

Link Posted: 6/28/2005 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn man sorry to hear it.

Glad to hear the treatment is working though.

Best wishes for sure. And keep us posted on the progress.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey you hang in there man.  you are in our prayers, and hope you are clear soon!
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my last treatment today… but they started me on Neupogen to boost my white count on Friday I had to have I fluids because I couldn’t swallow even water, again! And Saturday I had to get two units of blood to boost my counts I have to have a daily shot every day this week they say these are high dollar but the insurance company says they will cover 100%
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
AFSOC ...

try to eat more green apples and drink green tea.   There is a high school student in my lab (a genius, she already completed all math courses up to Advanced Calculus I at MU by the time she finished high school).  She has been looking at the effect of the green tea extract on cancer cells.  Of course, we study blood cancer here at Ellis Fischel.  She found that applying the green tea extract actually inhibits the growth of cancer cells, compared to non-treated cancer cells.  

My prayers for your speedy recovery.

Oz
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to see the chemo treatments are over and wish you a speedy recovery.  I'll see you soon at one of the shoots.    How does August or September look?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#13]
September is looking most likely, Gotta recuperate a bit first... Right now I get winded just walking to my truck from the house!
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Good to hear you are recovering.  Get better and get out to shoot soon.  The gathering won't be the same without the most 'tactical' man on the field .

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#15]
tag for reference listed above.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:59:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's hoping you have a full and quick recovery AFSOC!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's to a quick recovery. Keep your chin up, and a positive attitude.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's to your last treatment and seeing you at the range this fall.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey all, just a quick update, but I saw AFSOC in person earlier this week and he already looks alot better.  He's still bald as a baby's ass but he's lost alot of weight off of his face and his color has returned.  For awhile there he looked like, well, um, like a cancer patient.  Now that he's getting better I won't be able to give him crap about it anymore.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I did see Duke and well he still looks the same oh and by the way I lost a total of 20 pounds on the "Chemotherapy Diet".... I was a bit Swollen for a while there I looked like hell!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Great news!
Got my report on my PET/CT Scan that I had on Tuesday
Lots of Doctorese on there but the important line says

“There is no definite evidence of active tumor”

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]
That is great news.  Looks like we will be seeing you at the next shoot.  Take care of yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top