Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 7:40:13 AM EDT
I'm looking for a place to scoot and shoot.

Does such exist in the Nashville area? I got some private land to shoot on, but its on hold till the end of turkey season (spring) due to the family that hunts it from now till then.

Cheatham county is fun and all, but I'm wanting to get a little more involved than allowed there.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you have several options.  Gallatin gun club has an IDPA shoot at least once a month you should be able to google them and get a schedule.  I don't know where you are located but if you look in the KY hometown forum you can look at Bowling Green Green River Gun Club.  They have 3 gun matches as well as at least 1 IDPA match a month there.  In Sept there will even be a night match.  That is where I go, check them out at www.bggrgc.com.  There is another group out of Dickson calle Middle TN tactical shooters ( I think that may be wrong ).

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a place to go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
The group in Dickson is North Tennessee Practical Shooters.

www.ntps.org

They put on some fine IPSC matches.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The group in Dickson is North Tennessee Practical Shooters.

www.ntps.org

They put on some fine IPSC matches.

I'd be willing to say I've learned more from shooting USPSA than I have doing about anything else shooting-wise. Targets & the time recorded will quickly tell one what works & (ahem) what doesn't......................    

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Cheatham county is fun and all, but I'm wanting to get a little more involved than allowed there.

Any suggestions?

Which side of town are you on and how involved do you want to get?   There are good clubs in every direction, some are more active and easier to work with than others....

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any suggestions?

Which side of town are you on and how involved do you want to get?   There are good clubs in every direction, some are more active and easier to work with than others....

I am in West Nashville.

I have three areas within 1 hr to shoot, if its not any sort of hunting season....pretty much 5/1 - 8/31. One is in Mt. Plesant, the other in Nolensville, and the last one off Ashland City Hwy.

Due to hunting season, I usually end up at Cheatham county (only 25 min from the house).

I'm more or less looking for a place to do some fun shooting with the long arms. Like a rifle side match, but not necessarily in a match environment. If courses like this are only in a match setting, then I guess its time to start IDPA

I visited a friend in Memphis and we went to a range where you could set up (range supplied) poppers, barricades and moving targets, etc.. at your own will and have some fun. It was a private range, and I'd pay to join something similar in the area.

- Fin
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am in West Nashville.

I'm more or less looking for a place to do some fun shooting with the long arms. Like a rifle side match, but not necessarily in a match environment. If courses like this are only in a match setting, then I guess its time to start IDPA

I visited a friend in Memphis and we went to a range where you could set up (range supplied) poppers, barricades and moving targets, etc.. at your own will and have some fun. It was a private range, and I'd pay to join something similar in the area.

- Fin

If you are on the west side of town you need to head further west and check out

NTPS for USPSA  ( as Bob Mentioned)
or
MCTS for IDPA

Both clubs put on good matches and are at the same location but different bays / sides of the property.
I don't know if either allow shooting on non match days though.

The best open to the public type range that I know of for setting up steel and paper for pistol and or rifle is in Manchester ( about 30 Minutes from Murfreesboro)
see  MTSC which also has IDPA and once had 3 Gun

If you want to set up paper only  stages for pistol only you can check out
MCGC

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top