Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 7:44:40 PM EDT
In an attempt to focus more on pistols shooting I thought a couple new targets were in order. Had some extra steel so I whipped these up. The dueling tree has 4 positions but I only have one paddle made. Good thing too as the arm needs to be a little heavier. The gongs remove from the base for transport.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice smiley face...

I need to break  out the MIG.......I think Clackamas steel is calling my name again............nice work!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Give me a plasma cutter, compressor, and welder and its on!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the compressor and the MIG handled....but the plasma cutter has been out of my budget for the wee bit o' metal melting that I do......not that I don't lust for one though!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got the compressor and the MIG handled....but the plasma cutter has been out of my budget for the wee bit o' metal melting that I do......not that I don't lust for one though!

Well you have half the plasma cutter....gotta have air to run it YOu will find, that when you get a plasma cutter........ things to cut appear!!!!!! But i degress.... THe plasma cutter belongs to my work. It is next on my list though
CH
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]

You guys are really something. All the exotic guns in the world are not enough for you.  You're not happy unless you are splitting atoms and converting matter into it's fourth state.

ETA: It's okay I guess, just don't open any blackholes, vortexes, mess with time travel, or build those mini-reactors too close
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You guys are really something. All the exotic guns in the world are not enough for you.  You're not happy unless you are splitting atoms and converting matter into it's fourth state.

ETA: It's okay I guess, just don't open any blackholes, vortexes, mess with time travel, or build those mini-reactors too close

I'm the only one here professional enough to split atoms.  I carry Glock foty too...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]

My understanding of plasma cutters (which is admittedly slight) is that atoms are split in the process hence the high heat produced.

So Cape and Boo are splitting atoms!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm the only one here professional enough to split atoms.  I carry Glock foty too...

But can you bumpfire it under water ie; Aquabump?

Didnt think so!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My understanding of plasma cutters (which is admittedly slight) is that atoms are split in the process hence the high heat produced.

MWHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA!

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
GOD HELP US ALL!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Lit match + Microwave = Go try it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Next project is a servicable bullet trap for the garage.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Took the gongs out last night and threw a 150 rounds of 9mm and about 400 rounds of rimfire at them....Held up great!

CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MWHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA!

Uh.... No.  I don't know exactly how plasma cutters work, but I am 100% sure that atoms aren't split.

Why don't we find out, eh?  How a Plasma Cutter works

Ok, the article says the atoms are split, but this is not split in the sense that most people think of it.  The electrons are removed from the atoms, creating ions.  This is more a chemical reaction, than the "splitting of atoms" that occurs in nuclear reactions, where the nucleus (protons and neutrons) is broken apart.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MWHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA!

Uh.... No.  I don't know exactly how plasma cutters work, but I am 100% sure that atoms aren't split.

Why don't we find out, eh?  How a Plasma Cutter works

Ok, the article says the atoms are split, but this is not split in the sense that most people think of it.  The electrons are removed from the atoms, creating ions.  This is more a chemical reaction, than the "splitting of atoms" that occurs in nuclear reactions, where the nucleus (protons and neutrons) is broken apart.

Just remember the only input to a plasma cutter it power, and air.

Regardless cutting metal with fire and or electricity or COOL!

"FIRE FIRE FIRE"

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Any updates?

I need at least a .22 trap for the backyard but I don't want one of the too small for actual use sizes the stores carry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any updates?

I need at least a .22 trap for the backyard but I don't want one of the too small for actual use sizes the stores carry.

Nah, been sick over the last week. Not going to be that difficult really, HEAVY as hell but not hard to make. The problem with one for your back yard, is shooting steel is load. I dont know where you live but neighbors catch on fast. I had the plans for one that was playwood construction and you hung door mat sized carpet up in like 5 rows 1" apart and use a peice of hard rubber (like stale mat) as the last layer, fill the bottom with sand. Never built it but would work well in the city.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Tangofoxtrot lives in a bunker.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Tangofoxtrot lives in a bunker.

Bunkers are cool
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a bunker - I wish

But I do face these scary two almost every time I go out the front door.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top