Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 11:39:43 AM EST
I am going to be in Tampa 22 April till 1 May and curious if there are any "must see" gun stores. I am sharing a rental car and my work schedule is going to be 12-14 hours a day for the entire period with unknown periods of time off.

If there is a must see gun store that's sort of near MacDill AFB or the Airport (staying at one of the nearby hotels), please let me know and I will try and make some time to go by. Other than that, I feel like this trip is going to be a ride on a slave galley and I am one of the oarsmen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:16:54 PM EST
Uh, not really, all the gunshops are the same. IF your lookin for good service and lookin to buy a gun Id say goto Crackerboys in StPete. If ya wanna see a 3 million dollar indoor gun range that rents Full Auto, id say goto Knights , otherwise a store is a store is a store.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:50:40 PM EST
There are som nice "shops" on Dale Mabry. I would post a link, but it may be a CoC violation.

jj
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:56:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By jjrockbush:
There are som nice "shops" on Dale Mabry. I would post a link, but it may be a CoC violation.

jj

Yip. You have your choice of Big guns and Lil guns. Only cost ya 20bux to walk thru the door. They are exclusive "GUN" shops.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:02:21 AM EST
I once shot my gun at 2040 N. Dale Mabry......

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:45:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
Uh, not really, all the gunshops are the same. IF your lookin for good service and lookin to buy a gun Id say goto Crackerboys in StPete. If ya wanna see a 3 million dollar indoor gun range that rents Full Auto, id say goto Knights , otherwise a store is a store is a store.

It doesn't sound like there are any outstanding stores in Tampa. I was looking for something along the lines of Jim's Pawn(Gun) Shop in Fayetteville, NC. One that has a large selection of high end rifles such as Accuracy International products plus a large line of AR type accessories such as optics, rails, etc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:42:42 AM EST
You could try University Gun and Pawn at Fletcher Ave. and 22nd st.

They have a large selection of EBR's and some High End guns. I like 'em YMMV
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:56:32 AM EST
There is only one really good store with a good selection of high end handguns, rifles and accessories. University Gun and Pawn on Fowler Avenue. They attend all the local gun shows as well.
Top Top