Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:58:09 PM EDT
I have today free and evenings as well all week.
Anything worth seeing or local food?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:15:02 PM EDT
Basque food

Buck Owens Crystal Palace, I think there may be some other Bakersfield style CW places. Might be interesting to go to just as a novelty might be interesting.

You do realize that we leave Bakersfield off the list when we talk about all the great places in CA, and we do it on purpose?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:15:51 PM EDT
Basque food

Buck Owens Crystal Palace, I think there may be some other Bakersfield style CW places. Might be interesting to go to just as a novelty might be interesting.

You do realize that we leave Bakersfield off the list when we talk about all the great places in CA, and we do it on purpose?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2018 11:59:11 PM EDT by operatorerror]
I'll second the Crystal Palace, CW is not my thing but I will admit that I had a great time there. Good people, live bands (very good live bands), just a really nice atmosphere. Food was good too.

eta Other than the Crystal Palace and Famoso drag strip I got nothing.
Oh, if you like to line dance then the CP is your place.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:02:58 AM EDT
CW in Bako is dead. You got crystal palace and bullshed are about it. Used to have rockin rodeo and caddilac ranch. If you want a good pizza hit Tonys Pizza really good chili verde pizza. If you can get out for breakfast JMs on rosedale hwy or Spencer’s on Rosedale as well. Market place isn’t bad you could kill a couple hours with dinner and people watching. There is a Tahoe Joes and Johnny Garlics there. If you want a good steak there is Hungry Hunter and KCs Steakhouse, they also have an old school bar/ Lounge set up. 2nd amendment sports has two locations not bad to window shop, I think you can rent guns and shoot as well. Also the Blvd is a new place kinda by crystal palace. Local goody is Jakes Tex Mex on oak. If you’re down town there is the Padre with a nice restaurant as well as Rice bowl with an older style lounge/ bar. Not sure if you’re into to but there is deja vu on golden state, don’t go to teaser pleaser, naaassttyyyyyyy.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:21:29 PM EDT
Thanks guys. Gonna go check out 2a sports.
Link Posted: Today 12:40:55 AM EDT
What industry do you work in if you don’t mind me asking. PA to Bako kinda screams oil.
Top Top