Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:22:37 AM EDT
If you vote today in the primaries you can not sign the petitions to get either of them on the fall ballot.

PETITION SIGNING
Some information on what it takes to sign a petition for an independent candidate to be on the ballot:

When does it start?
As soon as the Democratic and Republican primaries are over. That means Wednesday, unless one of the parties has a runoff in the governor's race. Then, the independents have to wait until April 12, the day after the runoff.

Who can sign?
Only registered voters who did not cast a ballot in either the Democratic or Republican primaries.

Do I have to skip all primary races, or just the governor's race?
All of them – statewide, congressional, legislative and local races.

Can I sign for both Kinky Friedman and Carole Keeton Strayhorn?
No. Petitions are dated, and if a voter signs both, only the first one signed will count.

How long do I have?
Candidates must gather all signatures by May 11.

When is the deadline to register to vote? Can I register and sign the same day?
Yes. Once the registration is on record with a voter's home county, he or she may sign a petition. If a voter has registered in person on a particular day, he or she can sign a petition on the same day.

How can I reach the candidates if I want to sign a petition?
Mrs. Strayhorn's petition will be available online at www.carolestrayhorn.com or call 512-469-9393. Information about Mr. Friedman's petitions is available at www.kinkyfriedman.com or by calling 512-326-5465.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be astonished if either Kinky or Strayhorn got much traction on this board....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah - but that Dumb ass "PERRY" we have now is horrible.

Sad no one worth a SH** is running to get rid of him.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Say whatever you want about Perry, but if you value your 2nd Amendment rights in Texas, you'd best vote for him.  I've long since put my personal feelings aside when it comes to voting for candidates.  I only vote for the candidates endorsed by the NRA.  I strongly suggest you do the same if you want to keep enjoying the "gun friendly" environment we have here in our great state.  Think on it.
           Peace,
               Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a dumbass, BUT he has been great for the RKBA.

And that is all that matters in my book...........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe a dumbass, BUT he has been great for the RKBA.

And that is all that matters in my book...........

I think "great" may be overreaching.  Still, unless a *better* RKBA-candidate comes along, the nutless wonder will have my vote.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
    Kinky and grandma..............................If one were not weak in the tummy about the results..........breed'im    
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
found some info...

SM: There is a rich tradition of support for the death penalty in Texas. Do you think you’ll have public support for this kind of measure?

KF: Yep, that’s true—a lot of people in Texas are very much in favor of the death penalty. But there may not be as many pro-death penalty people as you might think. Things aren’t always what they seem. In Texas, you’ve got a lot of people who hunt and who love guns; but you’ve got even more people that love animals. They just haven’t spoken up or realized that they can vote in enough numbers to make things happen.

SM: How do you feel about gun control? You wrote a column a while back about why you don’t hunt, didn’t you?

KF: I’m not anti-hunting, I just don’t hunt. As far as gun control goes, in Texas the conceal-and-carry law is working really well; it’s cut crime and I think George W. did good with that one. I don’t think he did well with the death penalty—I’m not as confident as he is that innocent men haven’t been killed.

link
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SM: There is a rich tradition of support for the death penalty in Texas. Do you think you’ll have public support for this kind of measure?

KF: Yep, that’s true—a lot of people in Texas are very much in favor of the death penalty. But there may not be as many pro-death penalty people as you might think. Things aren’t always what they seem. In Texas, you’ve got a lot of people who hunt and who love guns; but you’ve got even more people that love animals. They just haven’t spoken up or realized that they can vote in enough numbers to make things happen.

SM: How do you feel about gun control? You wrote a column a while back about why you don’t hunt, didn’t you?

KF: I’m not anti-hunting, I just don’t hunt. As far as gun control goes, in Texas the conceal-and-carry law is working really well; it’s cut crime and I think George W. did good with that one. I don’t think he did well with the death penalty—I’m not as confident as he is that innocent men haven’t been killed.

link

Well, he's already got the diverting attention away from the question he doesn't want to answer back to the one he does want to answer part of being a politicians down.

I really want to know his stance on gun control.  So far, he hasn't answered the question.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
do some more research on him.  from his other comments he's a real snake.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Say whatever you want about Perry, but if you value your 2nd Amendment rights in Texas, you'd best vote for him.  I've long since put my personal feelings aside when it comes to voting for candidates.  I only vote for the candidates endorsed by the NRA.  I strongly suggest you do the same if you want to keep enjoying the "gun friendly" environment we have here in our great state.  Think on it.
           Peace,
               Dragonfire52

Persoanl feelings---- Fact are facts...

You have got to be kidding me.

Two things right here --------- This is more than enough reason to get his butt out.

#1 - He has done Jack didley for school finance.  He has left the kids and the teachers behind.
----- 31 out of 50  for teachers salaries
#2 - He is a pure WUSS when it comes to the border

Need I say more - I do not think so..

Don't get me wrong - I am a conservative - but Perry is not the best man for the job
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Perry is an underwhelming performer, and when it comes to his rhetoric on school finance, he seems like a total dumbass.  

Kinky Friedman and Strayhorn are near hopeless, financially and on many other practical issues.  It doesn’t seem like there is any real way for them to win.  Unless Perry goes out and commits some sort of serious blunder, he seems like he will be our CHL friendly- but otherwise stupid Governor.

As someone pointed out earlier, Perry is the NRA pick, and that has always been my voting choice.

-Semper Fi

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Perry is an underwhelming performer, and when it comes to his rhetoric on school finance, he seems like a total dumbass.  

Kinky Friedman and Strayhorn are near hopeless, financially and on many other practical issues.  It doesn’t seem like there is any real way for them to win.  Unless Perry goes out and commits some sort of serious blunder, he seems like he will be our CHL friendly- but otherwise stupid Governor.

As someone pointed out earlier, Perry is the NRA pick, and that has always been my voting choice.

-Semper Fi

Thats pretty much how I feel on the issue.  Perry is the BEST choice out of the four dismal choices we do have.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#14]
 I've been voting for 30 years and I've always had to vote for the lessor of evils.  This election and future elections will be no different.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
When in doubt, vote against.

It's always pretty easy to vote against someone or something.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Once again, otherwise rational people forget the recent past and how things work.

Two things right here --------- This is more than enough reason to get his butt out.

#1 - He has done Jack didley for school finance. He has left the kids and the teachers behind.
----- 31 out of 50 for teachers salaries

Riddle me this, Batman. What exactly was Perry supposed to do about school finance? How many special sessions of the Lege did we have over the issue that got exactly nothing done? What is Perry supposed to do, call yet another special session and go into the Lege with a gun screaming "Vote or Die!"? The Lege sat on their hands and bickered and pissed and moaned and got nothing done. You want to blame an individual for that mess, blame Dewhurst. He's the guy that should be running the Lege, not letting them run him.

Now, what's Perry supposed to do about the border? Call out the National Guard? And how does the state pay for that? You might not have noticed, but the state ain't exactly rolling in cash.

Now look at the competition. Which one of the collection of ignuts and asshats running against Perry  is going to do a better job? Let me know, cause I'd love to find somebody else that would do a better job.

Me, I got an easy answer. Screw the children and the teachers. All y'all with the sprogs, you figure out to educate them. Take all the money the state saves from not running schools and keep the Lone Star divison on the TX-Mexico border until hell freezes over. That's 'tr0g', remember it when they give you a write-in option in November.

I'm only half joking. You figure out which half.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Once again, otherwise rational people forget the recent past and how things work.

#1 - He has done Jack didley for school finance. He has left the kids and the teachers behind.
----- 31 out of 50 for teachers salaries

Riddle me this, Batman. What exactly was Perry supposed to do about school finance? How many special sessions of the Lege did we have over the issue that got exactly nothing done? What is Perry supposed to do, call yet another special session and go into the Lege with a gun screaming "Vote or Die!"? The Lege sat on their hands and bickered and pissed and moaned and got nothing done. You want to blame an individual for that mess, blame Dewhurst. He's the guy that should be running the Lege, not letting them run him.

Now, what's Perry supposed to do about the border? Call out the National Guard? And how does the state pay for that? You might not have noticed, but the state ain't exactly rolling in cash.

Now look at the competition. Which one of the collection of ignuts and asshats running against Perry  is going to do a better job? Let me know, cause I'd love to find somebody else that would do a better job.

Me, I got an easy answer. Screw the children and the teachers. All y'all with the sprogs, you figure out to educate them. Take all the money the state saves from not running schools and keep the Lone Star divison on the TX-Mexico border until hell freezes over. That's 'tr0g', remember it when they give you a write-in option in November.

I'm only half joking. You figure out which half.

I have two children, my MIL is a teacher, and I don't not agree with you completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top