Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:59:08 PM EDT
I got a PAQ4-C (Insight Tech) for a good price and am told its fully functional but want to test it. I didnt get my NV scope yet and had to buy this first because I got it for a good price. If anyone in the NJ/NYC area (Fort Lee / Bergen Co.) has night vision and can help me test it out let me know.

I only need to look through the NV for a minute or two. I would like to test it at about 100 yards. The range of the IR laser is about 600yards.

thanks
TL1
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you plan on getting a a night vision unit ? If you just want a reasonably inexpensive NV scope, try one out called the Yukon Titanium Mini-Osprey. They are easily found for around $500 and less. Decent Gen 1 system made in Russia with a Picatinny rail mount built-in. What you end paying for the PAQ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do you plan on getting a a night vision unit ? If you just want a reasonably inexpensive NV scope, try one out called the Yukon Titanium Mini-Osprey. They are easily found for around $500 and less. Decent Gen 1 system made in Russia with a Picatinny rail mount built-in. What you end paying for the PAQ?

Im planing on getting USGI NV scope or similar gen 2 or 3 scope
most likely a PVS 4
I dont want gen 1 or Russian stuff
If I were to get a gen 1 scope it would be a PVS2 which you can find for less then 450 and it would be mil spec made in USA
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Best of luck with that PAQ. They are awesome units. I just sold my PEQ-2a here last month and miss it already!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Best of luck with that PAQ. They are awesome units. I just sold my PEQ-2a here last month and miss it already!

How much did you sell it for?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Package deal with the scope for $5000. I figured the laser is worth about $1500+ all the extra accessories I had with it.

Just a heads up on the PAQ-4. I remember seeing replicas made in Asia that were pretty close to the real thing. Not those airsoft battery package items. These were actual PAQ clones with a built in laser that may or may not have been visible or IR. Just a caution if the price on the PAQ-4 your interested in was really low.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top