Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:59:08 PM EDT
I got a PAQ4-C (Insight Tech) for a good price and am told its fully functional but want to test it. I didnt get my NV scope yet and had to buy this first because I got it for a good price. If anyone in the NJ/NYC area (Fort Lee / Bergen Co.) has night vision and can help me test it out let me know.

I only need to look through the NV for a minute or two. I would like to test it at about 100 yards. The range of the IR laser is about 600yards.

thanks
TL1
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:44 AM EDT
Do you plan on getting a a night vision unit ? If you just want a reasonably inexpensive NV scope, try one out called the Yukon Titanium Mini-Osprey. They are easily found for around $500 and less. Decent Gen 1 system made in Russia with a Picatinny rail mount built-in. What you end paying for the PAQ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:26:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lockedandloaded:
Do you plan on getting a a night vision unit ? If you just want a reasonably inexpensive NV scope, try one out called the Yukon Titanium Mini-Osprey. They are easily found for around $500 and less. Decent Gen 1 system made in Russia with a Picatinny rail mount built-in. What you end paying for the PAQ?

Im planing on getting USGI NV scope or similar gen 2 or 3 scope
most likely a PVS 4
I dont want gen 1 or Russian stuff
If I were to get a gen 1 scope it would be a PVS2 which you can find for less then 450 and it would be mil spec made in USA
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:29:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 8:30:34 AM EDT by lockedandloaded]
Best of luck with that PAQ. They are awesome units. I just sold my PEQ-2a here last month and miss it already!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:45:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lockedandloaded:
Best of luck with that PAQ. They are awesome units. I just sold my PEQ-2a here last month and miss it already!

How much did you sell it for?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:26:46 AM EDT
Package deal with the scope for $5000. I figured the laser is worth about $1500+ all the extra accessories I had with it.

Just a heads up on the PAQ-4. I remember seeing replicas made in Asia that were pretty close to the real thing. Not those airsoft battery package items. These were actual PAQ clones with a built in laser that may or may not have been visible or IR. Just a caution if the price on the PAQ-4 your interested in was really low.
Top Top