Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 11:06:33 AM EDT
I'm in Lake County Illinois, just south of Pleasant Pararie, and Kenosha, Wisconsin.  I need help pressing out the FSB Pins on a barrel to replace it with a folding Front Sight/Gas Block.  And then installing the Barrel to the Upper Receiver.  Anyone have the needed tools and Time?
Please use email to contact me.

Chief

Yah, I know, I'm a Flatlander. It's wasn't my choice, the Military sent me here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a armorers class comeing up in the first part of April might be worth checking out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheif,

You should be able to get those pins out with a couple of punches and a hammer.  Alternately, you can cut the FSB with a dremel if you're not going to be re-using it.

The YHM bolt on flip-up can go on after you have the barrel GTG in the upper.

IM photoman, and he can lend you the armorer's wrench and receiver/action blocks (the ones I lent him, that he hasn't returned back to me yet ) to install the bbl.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cheif,

You should be able to get those pins out with a couple of punches and a hammer.  Alternately, you can cut the FSB with a dremel if you're not going to be re-using it.

The YHM bolt on flip-up can go on after you have the barrel GTG in the upper.

IM photoman, and he can lend you the armorer's wrench and receiver/action blocks (the ones I lent him, that he hasn't returned back to me yet ) to install the bbl.

Ya know I did mean to give those back at class, had them right there in the exploder and totaly forgot about it. If you can make it down sunday to the club I'll give um back to ya.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you can make it down sunday to the club I'll give um back to ya.

There ya go Chief.  If you can make it up to Racine on Sunday, PM will lend you the tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top