Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:15:46 PM EDT
NRA
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
800-392-8683
www.NRAILA.org

Illinois Gun Ban Legislation to be Voted on Soon!

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=1848

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 The Illinois General Assembly is back in session for 2006, and anti-gun extremists, led by anti-gun Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) and anti-gun Chicago Mayor Richard Daley (D), are already mounting an assault on the Second Amendment.

House Bill 2414, which seeks to ban certain semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, as well as .50 caliber rifles commonly used for hunting, could be brought up for a vote on the House floor as early as tomorrow, Wednesday, January 11.

HB 2414, originally introduced in February of 2005, has gone through a number of revisions in an effort to attract lawmakers who have mixed voting records on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Minor technical revisions have been made to give the appearance of "watering down" the bill, but the primary legislative goal of banning the future manufacture and transfer of current firearms remains unchanged.

Please contact your State Representative immediately and ask him or her to oppose this latest version of HB 2414!

HB 2414 will be voted on soon, so contact your Illinois lawmakers at (217) 782-8223.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:39:38 PM EDT
Here we go again! These idiots never get tired of trying. Just got done emailing my rep.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:08:32 PM EDT

Why can't they try once and then be banned from trying again for 10 years if it doesn't get through

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:21:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:

Why can't they try once and then be banned from trying again for 10 years if it doesn't get through

WIZZO

In a perfect world Wizzo, in a perfect world
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:29:59 PM EDT
lord, I hate those guys
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:56:50 AM EDT
Seriously... how many attempts have been made?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:28:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ciph:
Seriously... how many attempts have been made?

This has been going on as long as I can remember, well back into the eighties. Where I live, people can control themselves and don't shoot each other over gym shoes. Maybe Chicago should enact a semi auto ban and leave us alone. Oh wait, Chicago has gun bans already. Maybe that's why it's such a safe nice place to live.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:41:14 AM EDT
I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised if it didn't get though the house. One vote shy last spring session. .....too close for the likes of me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:22:28 AM EDT
We should attach a rider for statewide term limits. Daley would kill the Bill himself.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:14:34 AM EDT
What's up Ghost,

How do you think it will fair in the Senate.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:44:51 AM EDT
E-mail sent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:03:33 PM EDT
Contacted House rep and Senator.

Both will vote against it.

Wait
Burzynski
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:01:50 PM EDT
Sent an email to my state rep, who seems to be a stand up guy so far.

It would be nice if there was an easily accessible email list for Reps, perhaps in the tacked thread. I would spam pro-gun letters (professional and courteous, of course) to the whole general assembly everytime an issue came up for vote. It takes a bit of digging to get the addresses of 118 people.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:23:48 PM EDT
House Bill 2414, which seeks to ban certain semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, as well as .50 caliber rifles commonly used for hunting, could be brought up for a vote on the House floor as early as tomorrow, Wednesday, January 11.

That part of the bill is enough to kill it. Down state dems know which side of thier bread is buttered.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:25:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:58:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By codycoyote:
I fired a E-mail off to my rep. Unfortunately he is a co-sponsor.

Let him know that you are posting his anti-gun activities on the internet for all to see. I like to pledge to anti-gun reps that I will personally work towards their defeat in the next election. I like making politicians squirm.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:59:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dawg180:
We should attach a rider for statewide term limits. Daley would kill the Bill himself.

Yes Sir I agree. Illinois badly needs term limits.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:37:35 AM EDT
A question, that I’m empty for an answer. In the past the senate has usually never been that good for our side.

Since there are so many amendments...show’s that they want this bill badly. The other side is willing to make concession to get approval, but in reality, the bill itself with all the provisions making it more tasty so the moderates will take a piece of it, really defeats the purpose of a anti-assault ban….the weapons are still on the streets.

I believe it has better than a fair chance of making it out the house. The muzzleloaders are covered, the rifle barrels are covered, and grandfather clause is in there. I've even heard more amendments could be added, so this bill is the anti's "sweet potato pie"!

...it grew legs. Legs like many here said would never happen.

The kicker is with elections coming up. There could be a new individual sitting in the big chair; the democrats could loose the majority in one house or the other….or even both. Thus the anti-gun democrats and RENO’s no this could be their last shot of an anti-assault and .50 cal ban for at least 4 years.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:54:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 2:20:55 PM EDT by LoadedDrum]
I called my rep but he wasn't there yet so I left a message. Does anyone know who Rep. Angelo "Skip" Saviano votes on gun issues?

EDIT- I got a letter from him today and he is on our side
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:08:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ghostwalker:
I believe it has better than a fair chance of making it out the house. The muzzleloaders are covered, the rifle barrels are covered, and grandfather clause is in there. I've even heard more amendments could be added, so this bill is the anti's "sweet potato pie"!

There are six amendments listed on the website. Only three have been voted on according to the bills activity #1, #2, and #5.

#1 and #2 won, #5 lost. The way things are worded on the website I don't see a grandfather clause. Please clarify.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:26:53 AM EDT
Amendment #5 and currently #6 both have grandfather clauses within them specific for firearms and hi cap magazines. I forget the sections but they are listed, read the whole amendment slowly and you will see it. The amendments allow for transferr to an heir as well. No, I do not want this (HB2414) to pass either!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:04:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Toratsugu:
Amendment #5 and currently #6 both have grandfather clauses within them specific for firearms and hi cap magazines. I forget the sections but they are listed, read the whole amendment slowly and you will see it. The amendments allow for transferr to an heir as well. No, I do not want this (HB2414) to pass either!

I woudl imagine without a Grandfather clause they are going to havea tougher time getting this to pass...even some legislators who aren't crazy about guns are going to take a dim view of confiscation/destruction of private property.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:42:01 AM EDT
As the bill stands, there are no grandfather clauses. It seems that by voting down #5, they are trying to not water down the bill and thus make it harder to pass.

#6 has not been sent to a vote yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:39:49 PM EDT
From what I understand when they vote it will be with Amendment 6
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:54:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:
I called my rep but he wasn't there yet so I left a message. Does anyone know who Rep. Angelo "Skip" Saviano votes on gun issues?

skip is anti gun......"and republican"

where are you at??

i work in franklin park and grew up there
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:17 PM EDT
thaken from the il. constution............

SECTION 22. RIGHT TO ARMS
Subject only to the police power, the right of the
individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be
infringed.
(Source: Illinois Constitution.)

guess they forgot about this

also what s the area in red mean??
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:04:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:53:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 2:22:14 PM EDT by LoadedDrum]

Originally Posted By ops144:

where are you at??

EDIT- As stated in the other post I edited, I received a letter from Skip today and he stated he will be voting NO to HB2414.

I am down the street from where the Cherry Club used to be.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:07:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ops144:

where are you at??

The Ba#%*&^! That figures as to why he has not returned my call. Must be an Elmwood Park
anti-thing. I am down the street from where the Cherry Club used to be.

Elmwood Part is an incredibly corrupt town. My neighbor is from there and she moved away from there including her business. She told me stories. I didn't really believe them until a Elmwood Part cop pulled me over and purjured himself on 3 bogus tickets. I had to take pictures and get a lawyer to get the tickets dropped. Of course the cop is still on the beat.

My House rep is Michael McAluiffe, a Republican. His gun control record is mixed. He's voted for some good ones and some bad ones. If this comes up for a vote, please somebody post the link to the vote results. If my rep votes for it, I will get together with his opponents and vote him out of office. I suggest everybody do the same. Time to clean out the Dillards in this state.
Top Top