Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:57:40 PM EDT
How long does it take to get an Illinois FOID card renewed after it has expired?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine and my wifes took about 45 days . We sent in our renewals in mid december.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My buddy's took about 6 weeks.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting on mine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
10 weeks and counting
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently renewed my Illinois gun owner's registration card. I submitted the renewal application and recieved it about 3 weeks or so later. Here's an important factor in getting the JBTs to turn it around rather speedily. SEND THEM A MONEY ORDER! DO NOT use a personal check or bank draft. After they recieve it in their PO box, if you use a check they initially put your application aside and wait 2-3 weeks for that check to clear and then they go ahead and start investigating your private personal information as a matter of course.

Perhaps some of you have already used a money order and are still awaiting your card after 30-60+ days of frustration and disgust. This is quite unfortunate. But if you use a personal check to pay them for forcing you to register as a gun owner for the privilege of owning a gun and ammunition in Illinois, you will most decidedly add up to 3 weeks to your wait time.

I've been using money orders for my FOIDs since I turned 18 and I've never had to wait more than a month renewing the contemptable thing.    
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
10 weeks and counting

What the hell.. that's just ridiculous!  Did you call them up and ask what the hell is taking so long?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
10 weeks and counting

What the hell.. that's just ridiculous!  Did you call them up and ask what the hell is taking so long?

"It's in the mail". That was 4 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The story that I keep hearing is that the ISP are so short-handed due to personnel cuts. They are talking about outsourcing some of the load, but they don't seem to be making much progress yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I recently renewed my Illinois gun owner's registration card. I submitted the renewal application and recieved it about 3 weeks or so later. Here's an important factor in getting the JBTs to turn it around rather speedily. SEND THEM A MONEY ORDER! DO NOT use a personal check or bank draft. After they recieve it in their PO box, if you use a check they initially put your application aside and wait 2-3 weeks for that check to clear and then they go ahead and start investigating your private personal information as a matter of course.

Perhaps some of you have already used a money order and are still awaiting your card after 30-60+ days of frustration and disgust. This is quite unfortunate. But if you use a personal check to pay them for forcing you to register as a gun owner for the privilege of owning a gun and ammunition in Illinois, you will most decidedly add up to 3 weeks to your wait time.

I've been using money orders for my FOIDs since I turned 18 and I've never had to wait more than a month renewing the contemptable thing.    

Yeah I am not sure of all that.My check cleared in 5 days and it still took close to 60 days.I called the number and the lady told me they were swamped with apps.

Bottom line is if they cant keep the system current GET RID OF IT!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I am not sure of all that.My check cleared in 5 days and it still took close to 60 days.I called the number and the lady told me they were swamped with apps.

Bottom line is if they cant keep the system current GET RID OF IT!

And then there's the fact that the state loses money on every foid card processed.  Then there's the fact that the whole FOID card system is a joke and any criminal can bypass it.. but that's already been covered in many other threads.

I don't know how they organize the apps, but my friend got his earlier this week (took about a month for his) while I'm approaching the 2month mark in my wait.  Total BS.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Still waiting on mine.

There was an... uh... issue they're looking into.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top