Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2022 8:58:57 AM EDT
White County Second Amendment Town Hall Meeting – Monday, March 14th 6 p.m.

A White County Second Amendment Town Hall Meeting sponsored by IllinoisCarry.com will be held in Carmi, IL on Monday, March 14th at 6 p.m. at 215 Industrial Drive (New Hope Christian Academy).  Several new changes in the Firearm Owner Identification Act and the Conceal Carry Act went into effect at the beginning of the year, with more changes becoming effective in the coming year could have a dramatic effect on the citizens of IL.    These complicated and concerning changes and how to deal with them will be discussed at the meeting.   Mike & Valinda Rowe, spokespersons for IllinoisCarry, will also be discussing Illinois Justified Use of Force laws to bring a better understanding of what rights law abiding citizens have when protecting themselves and their loved ones in Illinois. State Senator and candidate for governor, Darren Bailey, will give an update on the current legislative situation in  Springfield..  

White County State’s Attorney Denton Aud will be on hand to discuss new laws concerning “no cash bail”.  This new law will soon be going into effect and will drastically change the way our criminal justice system is implemented.  State’s Atty. Denton Aud will be addressing theFlyer new law and the potential impact it will have on our community.

Mike Rowe encourages All Illinois residents to attend this town hall meeting, “It is important that we stay up to date on what is going on in our state as these changes can impact each of us.”

Flyer
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a good meeting.  About 120 attended.  We are getting requests to do more of these meetings across the state...
We'll see what can be worked out.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That's really good to see, I wish I'd noticed this earlier. Southern Illinois has so many good folks, I'm surprised there's not more events like this. Wish I had made it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top