Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/11/2005 8:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 8:41:10 PM EDT by mjrowley]

With "The4thHorseman's" thread about their Adoption,then the meeting that we went to tonight about it. I just wanted to share this option. If you didn't know we adopted our little girl Lexi last year. She has made our lives so great. I am so glad that her Birth Mom decided to let us adopted her. I am so grateful that the Mother did not Kill Lexi.

In the meeting they stated that less than 1% of all baby's born are now put up for adoption. This means there are many,many loving family's that are hoping so desperately for a child.

www.Itsaboutlove.org

www.Adoption.com

www.Hopetoadopt.com
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:20:53 AM EDT
I do so agree. Give them a chance..they did not ask to be brought into the situations they find themselves in!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:20:11 AM EDT
Very controversial subject, but very well said. I am neither pro-choice nor do I agree with abortion. But a child can put a shine on life like nothing else! IMHO, they should all be given the chance to be the blessing God destined children to be.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:15:11 PM EDT
Is that 1% babies or all kids combined? The problem I see is that most people who want to adopt, want a baby, and the older kids are left out.

But, that's just my observation...

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:04:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Az_Redneck:
Is that 1% babies or all kids combined? The problem I see is that most people who want to adopt, want a baby, and the older kids are left out.

But, that's just my observation...

YMMV

This is true, I am to be blamed forthis as well. We will want to adopte another BABY.

Its 1% of all babys.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:26:34 AM EDT
It's almost off topic, but I don't understand the will of any woman to give up her child. My wife and I have been married for seven years. We haven't been "safe" in all that time. Earlier this year, I figured that we were never going to have a kid. But guess what happened. Right now my wife is about 17 weeks along. I can't tell you the feeling inside me when I found out.

Now this leads me into the rest. I am pro choice. I believe that there will always be people who will look to this as an option. I do not think it is right. I think that they should just carry to full term and give it up for adoption.

With all this being said, I cannot, in no way, understand how you could give up your own baby, by either means. Like I said before, I was beyond shocked when I found out I was going to be a dad. But there was never even a thought of giving the child up.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:19:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By spob:
It's almost off topic, but I don't understand the will of any woman to give up her child. My wife and I have been married for seven years. We haven't been "safe" in all that time. Earlier this year, I figured that we were never going to have a kid. But guess what happened. Right now my wife is about 17 weeks along. I can't tell you the feeling inside me when I found out.

Now this leads me into the rest. I am pro choice. I believe that there will always be people who will look to this as an option. I do not think it is right. I think that they should just carry to full term and give it up for adoption.

With all this being said, I cannot, in no way, understand how you could give up your own baby, by either means. Like I said before, I was beyond shocked when I found out I was going to be a dad. But there was never even a thought of giving the child up.

Scott

I knew a girl who was going to give her son up, and when it came down to it, she couldn't.

She wanted him to have a better life than she could give him. Admirable, really, if you think about it. I think that's the majority of the reason - not so much that the parent(s) would struggle with raising the kid as much as what that struggle would cost the kid. I think most of the people who are thinking only of themselves get abortions. The ones who put their kids up for adoption, they just want their kids to have a better life than they possibly could.

'course, I'm generalizing, but that's my feeling on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:47:46 PM EDT
My daughter gave her baby up for adoption and it was the best for everybody involved. It was very hard on her at first and she still has her tuff times. I canot tell you how proud I am of her. It is probably the most selfless thing a human being can do in my opinion. It was a open adoption and the adoptive parents are two of the nicest people I have met. They can not have kids of their own and you can tell they truely love that baby. Not going into details, but my daughter and the sperm carrier have no business what so ever raising a baby.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:13:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mspar:
My daughter gave her baby up for adoption and it was the best for everybody involved. It was very hard on her at first and she still has her tuff times. I can to tell you how proud I am of her. It is probably the most selfless thing a human being can do in my opinion. It was a open adoption and the adoptive parents are two of the nicest people I have met. They can not have kids of their own and you can tell they truly love that baby. Not going into details, but my daughter and the sperm carrier have no business what so ever raising a baby.

Its nice to hear such a positive response from a family giving the baby up. As I type this Lexi is sitting on my lap. She has brought such joy into our lives. With me having Testicular Cancer, we will never be able to have kids the "Normal" way. If it wasn't for adoption we would be childless. I would never been able to experiance the joys I have had for the last 13 months.

Mspar, I don't think we have your Grand baby. Never the less, let your daughter know that we thank her from the bottom of our hearts. As do all the adoptive parents for letting our lives be fulfilled.
Top Top