Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 2:51:26 PM EDT
I am planning to buy lowers, 10 of them, that are not yet on the banned list. I have seen some thread here that say once your lower is listed on the banned list of AW, you can no longer trade or sell these in Kali. However, is it alright to bring it out of state and store it, say in Arizona or Nevada?

If my 10 lowers, which shall remain nameless for security and DOJ reasons, were to be listed on the banned list, what other recourse, aside from the above, do I have if I do not intend to build a complete AW based on this banned receiver? Do I need to register these lowers as AW once it is on the list?have

How long does CADOJ or the BATF keeps records of lowers in their database?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If they get added to the list and you remove them from Kali instead of registering them, they must stay out of Kali.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If they get added to the list, then you have the opportunity to register and later build into ARs for your collection.  Then when you kick off somebody else has to get them disposed of.

And once registered you can take in and out iaw the transport laws.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Just for safety's sake, if/when these lowers (and/or fixed-10-rd-mag legal rifles) are declared as AWs, I would not move them around until (1) registration has been filed  and (2) reg papers received back from DOJ.

That way you have a piece of paper from a gov't agency to wave around.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Of course no one yet mentioned the possibility that they could be registered to an S-Corporation (which unlike a person DOES NOT ever die).  An S-Corperation is considered a "person" according to California state law and would permit your AWs to remain legally the property of all officers of the Corp.  So you could choose who could possess them at any time and even who would be in charge of them post mortem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top