Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:22:09 AM EDT
It's come to my attention that welfare recipients can legally fish NC waters without a fishing license.
I'd like to know how the game warden verifies the non -fishing license having person is actually on welfare.
I just bought my fishing license at Wally world and I'm thinking I could have skipped it and claimed welfare if checked.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's come to my attention that welfare recipients can legally fish NC waters without a fishing license.
I'd like to know how the game warden verifies the non -fishing license having person is actually on welfare.
I just bought my fishing license at Wally world and I'm thinking I could have skipped it and claimed welfare if checked.

Well, having met you, I can say that no cop who's been on the job more than a day is going to believe you're on welfare. You'd have to completely alter your appearance and lifestyle and be prepared to give vague answers to several questions...I mean, you don't even have any kids!!

Are you planning on ever fishing before noon?

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, having met you, I can say that no cop who's been on the job more than a day is going to believe you're on welfare. You'd have to completely alter your appearance and lifestyle and be prepared to give vague answers to several questions...I mean, you don't even have any kids!!

Are you planning on ever fishing before noon?

Are you saying that game wardens/LEO uses ones physical appearance as a guide to determine if that person receives welfare?
I want to know if a "welfare ID card" is issued and presented to the fish cop instead of a fishing license.
btw, I can rent kids anytime I need them!

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The police use physical appearance and a person's response to questions to determine LOTS of things. From a statistical standpoint, you're in the minority of people who receive welfare. I have never heard of a welfare ID card so I can't answer your question about that. A check stub would work though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
lol because EVERYONE carry's a check stub around with them when they go fishing lol

But i have seen some very articulate, well dressed people just down on their luck on welfare.

Man....This is a good question..... Maybe someone should ask a cop or something?

They probly issue them a Ticket, Then you go to court and show that you were on welfare at the time....maybe IDK
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I just had someone check for you––negative on ID cards being issued for welfare recipients. Just their food stamp debit card.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I read this in the news a few months ago.  It stated the welfare receipent had to request a document that would be issued by the local Social Services Office.     The receipent then had to present this document if questioned by Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
geez, it seems laziness and lack of planning has its benefits these days.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
So your screen name is Slacker, and you have time to fish, but not to find employment.

Where can I sign up?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The cooler of beer would be a dead giveaway too since food stamps don't buy the fishing necessities.

And what the heck is a Fyeguy?

Also, showing up with like 43 Magpul pwindowed poly mags and clean tacticool gear is another indication that you may not be on welfare. (not sure if that's meant for OP or others reading the thread that have been in some classes that would know exactly who this is in reference too)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also, showing up with like 43 Magpul pwindowed poly mags and clean tacticool gear is another indication that you may not be on welfare.

I think you're referring to the forum's resident gear-queer.

All I know is that if he brought a cooler, it would be in multi-cam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top