Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:47:33 AM EDT
I was laying in bed one night, unable to sleep for some reason, and got to thinking.  Yeah, I know, that's scary, but hear me out.  Would it be possible to get some of the VA Arfcom crew together, get an instructor, and hold factory-certified armorer's course for those that are interested?  I'd really like to get a Sig and/or Glock certification.  Bushmaster or Colt would be good too.  I don't know if it's possible I just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if there is any interest.  We would of course have to pay, but I think the benefit would be worthwhile.  Any thoughts on this matter?  MJD
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was laying in bed one night, unable to sleep for some reason, and got to thinking.  Yeah, I know, that's scary, but hear me out.  Would it be possible to get some of the VA Arfcom crew together, get an instructor, and hold factory-certified armorer's course for those that are interested?  I'd really like to get a Sig and/or Glock certification.  Bushmaster or Colt would be good too.  I don't know if it's possible I just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if there is any interest.  We would of course have to pay, but I think the benefit would be worthwhile.  Any thoughts on this matter?  MJD

The Glock course is one day and is only $100.00 (I took it last year at the Prince William Police Academy).

The SIG armorers course I took in December at Blackwater was 2-day and $400.00 and was taught by SIGs most senior employee and head of training (George Harris)

Later this month at Blackwater I'm taking the Bushmaster Armorers course which is 2 days and $450.00
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  If we get a large group together maybe we could get a break in the cost?  Don't know.  Even if we can't get a break, maybe we could all go together for some collective training?  MJD
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are LEO and a firearms instructor, you can apply to take them for free at the NRA.  Granted there is a long list of people..  but they supposedly draw them at random?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you are LEO and a firearms instructor, you can apply to take them for free at the NRA.  Granted there is a long list of people..  but they supposedly draw them at random?

I don't exactly fit into that category yet.  I'm going to be applying for LEO positions soon now that I've got my degree and I think "certified armorer" would be a nice addition to the resumé.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotcha...  I did the Glock Armorer School.  It was good.  I would have paid for the knowledge if I couldn't have done that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top